Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Saving emails

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Help please.
Using Windows 10 & Windows Live Mail. Have my own web site and use that for emails via Fasthosts. I get 100mb storage online for emails.
The Problem.
My sent emails are stored online thus using up the space. When I delete any online they also delete from Windows Live on my computer. In other words my computer does not store sent emails on my hard drive (or not that I can see).
How can I store sent emails and where?
Thanks for reading this.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
100Mb storage in this day and age? Move host

blackprince

Jul 16, 2007
My previous reply showed a way of moving the sent items folder onto an external hard drive. If storage on your computer is not a problem, a solution would be to create another folder and either move or copy the sent items into that. Right click onto the email address associated with your web site and select new folder. In the pop-up box give the new folder a name such as sent archive and click ok.
Next open the sent items folder and highlight all of the emails you want to save. Right click on that selection and you then have two options, the first is to move the selected items to the new folder or if you wish to retain them in the sent items folder as well copy and paste them into the sent archive folder.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
above covered it, but short version is you need to archive/move instead of deleting the mail. the archive can be on local machine, attached external drive or another cloud service.

FatSuperman

Feb 25, 2016
As above, there will be several options for storing it on your local machine, but you really should be getting a ton of free storage from your host, since it's a pittance for storage. Thus meaning it's not linked to the health of your current PC/laptop at home.

Just checked fasthosts and they do an extended email option that gives you 2GB per mailbox, for £2 per month - not sure what you pay at the moment for hosting your website? Other 'traditional' hosts seem similar, but you can probably get a better deal if you shop around elsewhere - the big boys (Amazon, Microsoft) offer pretty good deals as well now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here