Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Don't often agree with Piers Morgan, but...

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
I would have quite happily have lamped MSP Ross Greer, for his disgraceful tweet regarding Winston Churchill.

I am getting sick of the way people find it clever to go back through history, with, in this case, the power of 70 years hindsight, and rewrite history for their own beliefs or political gain. Greer's tweet, which claimed that Churchill was a mass murdering white supremacist, was punctuated by handclapping emoji's, was infantile and I am sure (hope) will help him to lose his seat at the next election to the Scottish Parliament.

Have a meaningful discussion of former foreign policy by all means, even highlight the failings of one of the most influential figures of the era, but don't stoop to such immature, school playground name calling!

And breath...

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
This trend of judging historical characters by the standards of today is absolutely ridiculous. Just like it will be in 50 years time when people look back at us.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
This trend of judging historical characters by the standards of today is absolutely ridiculous. Just like it will be in 50 years time when people look back at us.

Agree... in some ways I am not sure why they give them air time, better to starve them of oxygen so their opinions die in the ether like they should.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
And equally, the ridiculous use of freeing Europe from the grip of Nazism with huge sacrifice and death across the continent as a comparison to negotiating a trade deal.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Well. Without Churchill that plank would have probably been shot by the einsatzgruppen.

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Hmmm... still not sure if you are being sarcastic; quite funny if you are. In 50 years time by any standards our current politicians will be condemned as fools and charlatans.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
Well. Without Churchill that plank would have probably been shot by the einsatzgruppen.

He'd pretty much be first in the queue. He probably wouldn't have made it out of the maternity ward. Scrote.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I would have quite happily have lamped MSP Ross Greer, for his disgraceful tweet regarding Winston Churchill.

I am getting sick of the way people find it clever to go back through history, with, in this case, the power of 70 years hindsight, and rewrite history for their own beliefs or political gain. Greer's tweet, which claimed that Churchill was a mass murdering white supremacist, was punctuated by handclapping emoji's, was infantile and I am sure (hope) will help him to lose his seat at the next election to the Scottish Parliament.

Have a meaningful discussion of former foreign policy by all means, even highlight the failings of one of the most influential figures of the era, but don't stoop to such immature, school playground name calling!

And breath...

I never heard murdering white supremacist in my school play ground, where did you go to school?

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Don't go judging the people of the future for judging the people of the past, not by today's standards anyway.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
The problem with all this is that we are now talking about Ross Greer - who I'd never heard of until yesterday - precisely because he has said something ridiculous. This gets retweeted endless times and likes of Morgan write about it giving it more and more airtime.

Say something measured and no one gives a shit. It's the Katie Hopkins effect where the more inflammatory or stupid statement you write the more likely you are to get your 15 seconds of fame. As everyone knows this, we have more and more bell end statements to contend with. God knows where this ends.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
I enjoy him being a proud Christian in his bio and having the balls to call someone else a mass murderer, because Christianity is littered with absolutely no murder and destruction ever. No sir.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Hmmm... still not sure if you are being sarcastic; quite funny if you are. In 50 years time by any standards our current politicians will be condemned as fools and charlatans.

Don't think I mentioned politicians anywhere, did I? I just meant generally.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
We live in a time when we judge the person that gives the statement rather than the statement itself. Morgan actually says quite a few things that are spot on but people are reluctant to want to agree with him because of his reputation.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth

And breath...

But there was no meaningful discussion was there.
Greer is and was an Rsole but he was invited on the show to discuss his tweets, but no sooner had he opened his mouth when Morgan just subjected him to an unprofessional rant and personal abuse, a better interviewer than Morgan would have tied him up in knots, Morgan is a grade A prat, he goes on and on never letting anyone answer and shouts all over his co presenter.
They should never have invited him on in the first place it gave him publicity, but Morgan, as usual, has made himself look an idiot, because it's now all over the internet and even on NSC, just what a cretin like Greer would have wanted.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
But there was no meaningful discussion was there.
Greer is and was an Rsole but he was invited on the show to discuss his tweets, but no sooner had he opened his mouth when Morgan just subjected him to an unprofessional rant and personal abuse, a better interviewer than Morgan would have tied him up in knots, Morgan is a grade A prat, he goes on and on never letting anyone answer and shouts all over his co presenter.
They should never have invited him on in the first place it gave him publicity, but Morgan, as usual, has made himself look an idiot, because it's now all over the internet and even on NSC, just what a cretin like Greer would have wanted.

Couldn't agree more about Morgan's interview style, but did you see the smirking tw@, Greer that is, not Morgan...

Yes, he has got his 15 minutes of fame, let's just hope it ruins his political career!

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Couldn't agree more about Morgan's interview style, but did you see the smirking tw@, Greer that is, not Morgan...

Yes, he has got his 15 minutes of fame, let's just hope it ruins his political career!

Yes I did see him and he is clearly a tool, but if you are going to invite someone on a show, no matter what the subject, they should be allowed to make their point, then by a real interviewer, slowly dismantle him with facts, not rant at him.
People are turning down GMB interviews because of Morgan and I don't blame them.
What more evidence do you need, he supports Trump and Gemma f****** Collins.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The problem with all this is that we are now talking about Ross Greer - who I'd never heard of until yesterday - precisely because he has said something ridiculous. This gets retweeted endless times and likes of Morgan write about it giving it more and more airtime.

Say something measured and no one gives a shit. It's the Katie Hopkins effect where the more inflammatory or stupid statement you write the more likely you are to get your 15 seconds of fame. As everyone knows this, we have more and more bell end statements to contend with. God knows where this ends.

Quite. This all about Morgan and his clarion call: 'look at me!'.

I should mention I agree that the comments are twattish though, in case some broflake calls me a snowflake for calling Morgan a prick.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here