Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Winning a trophy

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Would be nice to get on the major trophy board, wouldn't it?

lastwin.jpg

Last edited:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Are league titles outside the top division not major honours, and wouldn't the Charity Shield have been a major competition before WW!.

Palace won't be happy given how much they go on about the Zenith Data Cup

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Would you swap an FA Cup win for Premier League survival this season?

Immediately thought No but on reflection Yes.Wow it would be great feeling to win FA cup and feel confident unless we lost players we could have a great season in the Championship.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Would you swap an FA Cup win for Premier League survival this season?

100% no. I cannot fathom how anyone would. I'm not going to tell my grandchildren about the time we finished 17th in the Premier League.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Isn't that a reason for it to be a yes?

"Would you swap an FA Cup win for Premier League survival this season?"

So we have an FA Cup win, and would I exchange it for Premier League survival? No, I wouldn't.

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
An F.A.Cup win would be great!
A Chance to get to Europe!
Bollocks to mid-table mediocrity!
I don't think there's any panic about survival. I still think there are 3 worse teams in this division than us!
And with squad we've got (and the money we've spent on it), we've effectively got two first teams! (Ignore Saturday!)
I think we should definitely play "stronger" versions of our squad as we go on, starting with the replay next week!
We've got super fit players, and we're not playing 46 games in a season, like we were in the Championship, so lets just go for it! No negativity CH! Play to win!

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
See Wigan for your answer.
Correct. To take an FA Cup win while retaining a reasonable chance of Premier League survival would be OK.

To voluntarily decide on our exclusion from the Premier League would be an act of self harm impossible to imagine. It would be like the UK suddenly deciding to...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Correct. To take an FA Cup win while retaining a reasonable chance of Premier League survival would be OK.

To voluntarily decide on our exclusion from the Premier League would be an act of self harm impossible to imagine. It would be like the UK suddenly deciding to...

Perhaps we should go for a Newcastle++ deal?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why the choice? They are not mutually exclusive - we could (but very probably won't) win the FA Cup this season, and stay up (which is quite likely). It is very, very rare for a team to win the FA Cup and get relegated in the same season (just Wigan so far in a hundred and forty years isn't it?), so the odds are heavily against it happening.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Hoping for the introduction of a World Fans Moaning Super Cup , no team would ever get a sniff of winning it back from us .

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
I would love it if we won the FA Cup, or even the League Cup. Though, not if the aftermath was a Portsmouth or Wigan style slide back down the leagues.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here