Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
We can’t have it both ways about the second half, either:
1. The Albion remained very attack minded going for the third goal with many players pushed forward, then making unforced errors gifting them chances; or
2. Fulham were bloody brilliant.

Which was it?

Perhaps 1 naively led to 2?

We have been beating Fulham for the last few years having been played off the pitch by them in most of the games. Tonight in the second half everything went their way, the bounces fell to them and they played with real belief. The ref helped them out with the third goal and then we lost our heads. I am disappointed as we did so well in the first half but things like this happen. It was a really entertaining game of football but it just wasn’t our night. Their keeper made crucial saves and we were outplayed in the second half. I am not suicidal or pointing fingers at anybody, just one of those games :shrug:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We are just a different class when Bernardo, bissouma & andone are on form. At the moment, we are basically 2017/18 Albion. Prone to defensive **** ups and absolutely terrible away from home.

Murray did fine tonight don't you think? I like Andone ...but he's still quite raw for PL imho

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
Fulham have had 24 shots. That is unacceptable.

That is depressing.

How is it that when we are bad we are so so bad? Watching us has been excruciating at times this season. Behind the sofa, words can't describe how bad kind of stuff. What happens mentally for that to happen? Usually either at the very beginning of games for the 1st 20/30 mins, or when leading into the second half. It's worrying for the run in

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
We have been beating Fulham for the last few years having been played off the pitch by them in most of the games. Tonight in the second half everything went their way, the bounces fell to them and they played with real belief. The ref helped them out with the third goal and then we lost our heads. I am disappointed as we did so well in the first half but things like this happen. It was a really entertaining game of football but it just wasn’t our night. Their keeper made crucial saves and we were outplayed in the second half. I am not suicidal or pointing fingers at anybody, just one of those games :shrug:

Nailed.....as is all that post

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX

Thank you Icy, voice of reason.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Murray did fine tonight don't you think? I like Andone ...but he's still quite raw for PL imho

Yes but having Murray up front today after they got level created a huge disconnect between the midfield and the front, meaning they could pass around us at will. There is no reason why they couldn’t play in the same game.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Oh I wish we could have captured Mitrovic, he is a beast. We compete away from home.....12 shots, 2 goals, hit the bar but we throw it away. I don't put that down to Hughtons negative tactics, I put it down to Fulhams greater competing desire in this fixture, we seemed to have lost out in the attacking for fun competition today and Mitrovics greater desire undone us.
Best forgotten and move on.

I agree, it wasn’t Hughton’s negative tactics. But it was his lack of tactical nous as he was out manoeuvred twice by Ranieri.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Deservedly so in my opinion..:glare:
Yep.... no fathoming some of the selections of late, injuries aside, CH really is reluctant to take any, ANY risks... even when it's obvious that one or two players are still being carried.... maybe tonight will get the ball rolling in that direction a tad.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
No need to get carried away mate blimey it was an unexpected capitulation very unlike us I doubt bloom will be marking hughtons card because of it
You obviously never went to West Ham. Or Bournemouth. Or Watford.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here