Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

TottonSeagull

Mar 5, 2011
Totton (Nr Southampton)
Come on mate that’s getting a bit strong now Fulham going forward are very good now ranieri has got them a bit tighter they always had a big win in them just unlucky it was us. There’s still plenty of sides that won’t want to play us especially at home

Fulham are awful, look at their results! Sorry but you can not defend tonite’s performance from the team or the manager ..,.. it was abject in the 2nd half. Even the happiest of happy clappers must realise this!!

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Locadia is so poor it’s embarrassing. I just don’t see what he ever brings to the team . Can’t head can’t tackle can’t go past a defender utter waste of Money . Bong not good enough neither is Stephens never had been until we get rid of these players we will continue to struggle .on tonight’s hash Hughton has to take the blame same old every away game clueless !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
I'm not sure what just happened there. Going down a goal early doors has become so expected, the team's heads dont go down, but after your 2nd I thought it was game over. The Ream / Cairney substitution had us scratching our heads but a few times this season we've been better with 3 at the back as long as Seri and Cairney don't trip over each other. It was our first goal from Chambers that changed things - you could see the belief mounting. In contrast, I thought you sat back too much. Once Mitro scored I knew we had a chance and in the end we were wasteful not to have had another couple. I'm sure you'll be hoping we continue where we left off on Saturday against Palarse. I don't think you'll be in a relegation battle and look forward to a rematch (in the sun) at the Cottage in the Prem next year.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I agree, it wasn’t Hughton’s negative tactics. But it was his lack of tactical nous as he was out manoeuvred twice by Ranieri.

Nailed it. As I saw it Ranieri saw we were bossing the midfield so changed things, Hughton changed nothing to counter that until Fulham had all the momentum, then it was too late. Tonight’s defeat is at least as much down to CH as any of the players......him saying after the game that ‘we should have been able to cope with their change’ doesn’t cut it for me, it’s his job to set the team up to deal with the opposition - it was pretty obvious what Ranieri was doing.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
How can anyone question Murray’s inclusion tonight, quite incredible?

thought he was our MOTM not just for the goals but he was the only one who looked like scoring and ran for the whole 90 minutes chasing balls. He also did a great clearance in first half.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Can someone sumarise what happened in the game? I can only find short highlights of the match. Based on those highlights our defending looked appalling in the second half. We looked in real trouble every time they crossed the ball which is highly unusual.

Definitely not the result I was hoping to get up to.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I was there and put simply they where up for it in the second half, boy did they take their chances!

I said to my mate after their fourth, there is no way Brighton could come back like that.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
I'm not sure what just happened there. Going down a goal early doors has become so expected, the team's heads dont go down, but after your 2nd I thought it was game over. The Ream / Cairney substitution had us scratching our heads but a few times this season we've been better with 3 at the back as long as Seri and Cairney don't trip over each other. It was our first goal from Chambers that changed things - you could see the belief mounting. In contrast, I thought you sat back too much. Once Mitro scored I knew we had a chance and in the end we were wasteful not to have had another couple. I'm sure you'll be hoping we continue where we left off on Saturday against Palarse. I don't think you'll be in a relegation battle and look forward to a rematch (in the sun) at the Cottage in the Prem next year.

You thought we sat back too much. We think we sit back too much, too often. Bring on pressure to ourselves all the time; so frustrating.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

Albion vs Fulham games always have lots of drama don’t they? :smile:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Difficult to argue with any of the criticism in the last few pages . . . . our home form isn't actually that great looking at the results, and knowing the performances, we got lucky in October with 3 1-0's. Our away form is poor, just because we played well and lost against the big 6 isn't going to keep us up . . . . based on the last few months we're playing in relegation form. Yes we have a few players injured, and few off top form (actually more than a few) but its equally down to the management to manage those issues, thet's what they're paid for. We've also lost the element of surprise as we're not new boys . . . . . we played better against WBA than the second half last night . . . . capitulation isn't what we've become used to seeing, we could/should have conceded 6.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Come on mate that’s getting a bit strong now Fulham going forward are very good now ranieri has got them a bit tighter they always had a big win in them just unlucky it was us. There’s still plenty of sides that won’t want to play us especially at home

We were 2 goals up, Fulham looked like a spent force but somehow managed to score 4 goals. Yes, they may look good going forward-especially after a tactical substitution (that's a novel idea) that Hughton either failed to notice or failed to respond to and if he wasn't aware of their attacking capabilities well....

Anyway, name the sides that won't want to play us. Especially at home? That suggests teams won't want to play us at theirs either. :lolol: We couldn't even beat WBA's reserves ffs! Couldn't even score against them. Hughton needs to sort things out quickly or we will be that team that looked safe but managed to f*ck it all up.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016
Some players far to comfortable in this team. Didn’t really see anyone busting a gut in that second half and also lack of quality from Knockaert & March. Losing from 2-0 up to 4-2 in this league is terrible. At least a couple from tonight’s team will be in the championship next season I guarantee it
Maybe all of them

Sent from my MI 6 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here