PREMIER LEAGUE

Venue: Craven Cottage
Date: Tuesday 29th January
Kick-off: 19:45 GMT
Referee: Lee Probert
Assistants: Andrew Garratt, Adrian Holmes
Fourth official: Roger East

TEAM NEWS

Fulham have no fresh injury concerns but Aboubakar Kamara remains suspended indefinitely by the club following an incident at the training ground.

Andre-Frank Zambo Anguissa has returned to training after injury but will not feature on Tuesday.

Brighton's first-choice goalkeeper Mat Ryan is available for the first time since Boxing Day after returning from the Asian Cup.

Defender Leon Balogun has overcome the illness that ruled him out on Saturday.

MOTD COMMENTATOR'S NOTES

Mark Scott: It has been a tough 2019 for Fulham, with their four straight defeats this month including an FA Cup exit to Oldham and a painful late loss against Tottenham last time out.

Claudio Ranieri's comments about the Cottagers "continuing to fight" after the Spurs game were then taken a little too literally by Aboubakar Kamara.

Brighton may be well clear of danger but they've fared no better than Fulham over the past eight league games - although their last two league fixtures were narrow defeats to Liverpool and Manchester United.

The Seagulls' away form certainly offers a bit of cheer for Fulham though, going into what feels like a must-win game for them.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Fulham manager Claudio Ranieri: "Tomorrow is crucial for us. We have to win and we have to make the maximum effort to win the match.

"Look, I am a positive man. I know it's a hard job, but it was hard when I came and it's hard now.

"We have to try to fight until the end. In this moment, we are relegated [with our position in the table], but it's not possible to get worse than this. We can only improve. And I believe we will improve."

Chris Hughton: "What I've seen in Fulham are some good displays. They don't look like a team that has had a difficult season.

"We'll have to play at a good level because they have quality in the side, particularly offensively."

MATCH FACTS

Head-to-head

• [*=left]Fulham are winless in the past six meetings, ending a five-match losing streak against Brighton with a 2-2 draw in September's reverse fixture.
    [*=left]Brighton have won three successive league games at Craven Cottage, scoring twice each time.
Fulham

• [*=left]Fulham have their worst record after 23 matches of a league season: W3, D5, L15.
    [*=left]They have lost all four competitive matches in 2019, including three successive Premier League defeats. The last two of those came despite opening the scoring.
    [*=left]The Cottagers have dropped 10 points in their 11 league matches under Claudio Ranieri, more than any other side during the same period.
    [*=left]Fulham have conceded 51 goals, the worst record in Europe's five major leagues this season.
    [*=left]Ranieri has only won seven of his 36 Premier League games since guiding Leicester to the title in 2015-16 (D9, L20). Among managers who have taken charge of as many Premier League matches during that time, only David Wagner (18%) has a worse win percentage than Ranieri's 19%.
    [*=left]Aleksandar Mitrovic has scored 38% of Fulham's Premier League goals this season, the highest ratio of any player for any side. However, the Serbian has scored just once in his last 10 league appearances.
Albion

• [*=left]The Seagulls could equal the club record of three consecutive Premier League defeats.
    [*=left]They have lost a Premier League-high 20 of their 31 away games since the start of last season.
    [*=left]Brighton and opponents Fulham have both only earned five points from their past eight league fixtures.
    [*=left]Their only clean sheet in the past 13 league matches came in a 1-0 home win against Everton in December.
    [*=left]Chris Hughton is winless in all five Premier League matches as a manager against Fulham (D3, L2). The only one of those fixtures at Craven Cottage was Norwich City's 5-0 defeat in August 2012.
    [*=left]Glenn Murray has scored five goals in his past four league appearances against Fulham, although they all came in home games. He has gone eight games without a Premier League goal, his worst run in the division for Brighton.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited, leaving early for a culture trip first

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
We can win this one - come on boys.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A lot riding on this one I suspect .. we win and I'm sure we'd be safe a loss and we have work to do. A win for us would probably condemn Fulham

I can see an argument for both sides so maybe a draw is favourite? Will be a tense/edgy encounter I think

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The first game of an important run for us. A real opportunity to put this season to bed if we can maintain our recent level of performance. That said Fulham are utterly desperate and despite their appalling defence they do possess a decent attacking threat. It's the games we 'should' win that make me nervous, and I am indeed nervous about this one. Just cannot wait for for the game to start.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Cannot see any reason why we should not approach this game with confidence if we can get the first crucial goal They will either have to come at us which will stretch the game or Heads will drop either way I think a result is on the cards and would even be not unhappy with a draw all the pressure is on Fulham

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A rare away win for us would be nice, but I'm not all that hopeful. Would settle for a draw now if it was offered.

Come on The Albion anyway!

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
This along with Burnley and Huddersfield are must not lose games, a win will be a bonus.

Im not convinced its a must not lose game for us, Its a must win for Fulham for sure.

If someone offers me 3 points over tonights and Saturdays games I would take it happily.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Hope to wake up to 3 points, pity I am not in the eastern states as kick off time would coincide with the time on my alarm clock.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Im not convinced its a must not lose game for us, Its a must win for Fulham for sure.

If someone offers me 3 points over tonights and Saturdays games I would take it happily.

If we draw with Fulham Burnley and Huddersfield it edges us towards safety but stops them catching up- on us but In an ideal world we want 4 points from tonight and Saturday

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here