Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Craven Cottage 197? "We all agree, £1.50's a rip-off!"

Does anybody remember us singing this? Young NSCers might think we were referring to the cost of the programme when in fact it was the admission price. At a time when every other club charged £1.25, Fulham decided it was worth the extra to stand on their open terrace. If you'd told any of them that one day they might pay £50 to watch the Albion there, they would have laughed in your face!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Does anybody remember us singing this? Young NSCers might think we were referring to the cost of the programme when in fact it was the admission price. At a time when every other club charged £1.25, Fulham decided it was worth the extra to stand on their open terrace. If you'd told any of them that one day they might pay £50 to watch the Albion there, they would have laughed in your face!

Paid the extra and sat in the neutral stand. Parked by the pub south of the bridge, walked by the river and watched Peter Ward excite the neutrals from the new seats. Favourite away ground.

Last edited:

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Paid the extra and sat in the neutral stand. Parked by the pub south of the bridge, walked by the river and watched Peter Ward excite the neutrals from the new seats. Favourite away ground.

CC is a nice old ground but £50 to sit in the neutral area is a joke.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I didn't know any ground had designated neutral areas in those days. Do you mean there wasn't organised segregation and those seats were generally favoured by visiting fans?

Not sure about Craven Cottage, but Maine Road certainly had a neutral area. I hadn’t seen one before when I found it so don’t think they were commonplace. However, I wouldn’t normally have been looking for anything except an away end anywhere but the Goldstone. I was just doing a circuit of Maine Road trying to decide where to go in (for City v WBA) when I saw it.

D

Deleted member 2719

1977 December the 28th???

I was at that one, we didn't have all the plastics back then.........................oh how things seemed so much more straight forward and you were appreciated as a fan.

Can't remember the chant, probably too busy listening to the swearing, while the men escaped their nagging wives with pointy bras.

Last edited by a moderator:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can't remember the chant, probably too busy listening to the swearing, while then men escaped their nagging wives with pointy bras.

ED168240-2872-47DA-9172-5381BBBAB15A.jpeg

1977 December the 28th???

I was at that one, we didn't have all the plastics back then.........................oh how things seemed so much more straight forward and you were appreciated as a fan.

Can't remember the chant, probably too busy listening to the swearing, while the men escaped their nagging wives with pointy bras.

Parson green night?

VAL1850

Nov 22, 2008
Beachy Head & WSU

I remember the game in the late 70's probably our promotion season - All the signs around the turnstiles had £2.50 admission on them but a paper sticker stuck over it with £3.50 - Fulham cashing in knowing Brighton would bring huge numbers

The Brighton fans singing " Its only £3.50 - £3.50 etc etc"......................

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here