Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] For the golfers on here

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Not waiting for your partner to fanny about lining up the shot, practice swings, adjusting the bollocks etc

Love that, I have an occasional mate who plays, like me, off a struggling 28, yet still cleans every club, measures, line's up, adjusts stance, waits for a flock of f**king seagulls to pass by, re-adjusts, wiggles, pauses, throws his arms forward twice whilst holding the club, re-aligns (so different from re-adjusts) and then hits it twelve yards forward.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
Slow play has, will (IS) killing golf. Play when you're ready, tell partners who are slow to speed up, leave the flag stick in (you're not a pro), always play a provisional ball in a competition, and if you're just twatting around play where the ball is lost and add 2 shots (we always did this as juniors anyway - looking for a lost ball was an opportunity to find other balls).

LOVE the game. ****ING hate the rules.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Careful you don't kill anyone for slow play...

"it may have been an accident, but you're a murderer" :lol:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Again, same thing. Quick look and play on. We have problems at brighton and Hove with birds, rabbits, deer, moles....bloody nature...messing with our manicured railways and greens. Not to mention the little darlings riding their bikes in bunkers!

You go back to the tee and play 3 (annoying the group behind and holding up your group?) or you just play one from where you think it went? I guess the answer is different for social golf rather than competitions?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
You go back to the tee and play 3 (annoying the group behind and holding up your group?) or you just play one from where you think it went? I guess the answer is different for social golf rather than competitions?

If it a comp, three off the tee every time..social golf you drop where it went in no nearer the hole and take penalty shots...thing is I am off 1o now and we have a internal society every Saturday ( medal an stableford every second week) our society plays front or back 9 weekly , two pound to enter and 1 pound for a two. Best 10 scores over the period April to first satdi in November. Prize fund builds over the period to over £1,000 shared between top 10. Winner gets £350. It's really worth playing and there is weekly prizes and Texas scrambles etc.

I struggle to win things as I am in the gold section against scratch etc handicappers so I have to be at my best to come close. These new rules will speed up the game, but a lot of decent golfers take their time for a reason!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
There was years ago but nobody was ever interested in actually playing. Plus there was REMF once a year, that was really good.

REMF golf day does still happen. I organised for a few years and then the late tony langridge took it on and made it brilliant. His son mike now runs it at mid sussex and it is bloody hard work too.

I normally do the auction. :).

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
There was years ago but nobody was ever interested in actually playing. Plus there was REMF once a year, that was really good.

REMF was a great day out!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here