Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup Draw 5th Round...BBC1 7pm [ v Derby 12:30 16/2, live on BT Sport]

stewart_weir

Mar 19, 2017
Derby are 6th and just into a playoff position. PL is their priority as is West Broms. BUT this is becomming a golden oppurtunity requiring some quick wins in PL to give us a better cushion to grab this FA Cup opportunity. A final and win against Palace will do nicely!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Derby are 6th and just into a playoff position. PL is their priority as is West Broms. BUT this is becomming a golden oppurtunity requiring some quick wins in PL to give us a better cushion to grab this FA Cup opportunity. A final and win against Palace will do nicely!

I might be alone here but I really don’t want to play Palace at all, even if we get to the final.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Hang on, are you suggesting you've not got Gdansk booked up yet? Best of luck trying to find somewhere this late on...

Admittedly I was a bit late off the blocks there.

As it is, you've just caught me in the middle of making provisional bookings for the whole of August 2020 in Porto for the UEFA Super Cup.

I suppose it'll make a change from Worthing away.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I might be alone here but I really don’t want to play Palace at all, even if we get to the final.

Same here. Despite knowing all about it from my first football watching days under Peter Taylor, then Mullery and I did the three LC games (Challis), I get bored of all the modern day hype, the endless build up, the vile bitching and attempted violence.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that the FA should kick Milwall out of the cup because of the crowd troubles v Everton and put AFC Wimbledon straight through. Controversial I know but they must be seen to be doing something.

Last edited:

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
So yes, going by league placing, (a bit hazardous in the cup this year I grant you), the QF line up would be

Wolves
Millwall
Palace
Man City
Chelsea
Swansea
Watford
Brighton

So that's two tough games for us to get to the QF's ... but two games we will win if we play our best team and show the commitment and intensity we show in the league.

What an opportunity to get to a FA Cup semi. More than that. We have an opportunity to win the FA Cup. I won't be impressed if we're half arsed about this.

Sadly, the club have been so for the last few years -can't see it changing, though might if we get, say, to the quarter finals, but to progress to even get a sniff of Derby will mean a performance so much better against WBA than was served up on Saturday.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I believ that the FA should kick Milwall out of rthe cyup because of the crowd troubles v Everton and put AFC Wimbledon stright through. Controversial I know but they must be seen to be doing something.

how are you getting on with the spellchecker function?

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I believ that the FA should kick Milwall out of rthe cyup because of the crowd troubles v Everton and put AFC Wimbledon stright through. Controversial I know but they must be seen to be doing something.

Millwall yet again. The FA are notorious for bottling it, and being reluctant to fully enforce their own rules, so don't hold your breath. Of course the problems are caused by a minority as ever and punishments tend to harm the majority but at some stage this has to happen, otherwise the minority become ever more emboldened, and the majority suffer anyway in the long run.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
[/B]

Sadly, the club have been so for the last few years -can't see it changing, though might if we get, say, to the quarter finals, but to progress to even get a sniff of Derby will mean a performance so much better against WBA than was served up on Saturday.

We got to the quarter finals last year so to say the club have been so, is disingenuous.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
FA Cup winners go straight into the Group Stage, so 6 games between September and December 2019.

Brighton supporters should probably keep the evening of 27th May 2020 free and book up their Gdansk hotels early.

A Polish city i would love to visit but no flights from Gatwick

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Having caught the start of the one show, I can confirm there are shirt clad fans standing in the cold waving their hands about like the girls on that Bros program I saw recently. The contrived bollocks is very much on.

Where do they find these cretins??

BBC should be stripped on the draw until they agree to do it properly.

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Golden opportunity to make a 1/4 final where it's then not inconceivable we find ourselves facing a lower league team for a place in the semis.

Hope Saturday doesnt turn into a missed opportunity.

Hughton should be licking his lips at that draw and must go all out Tuesday week.

Bring the big guns for the baggies.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
Golden opportunity to make a 1/4 final where it's then not inconceivable we find ourselves facing a lower league team for a place in the semis.

Hope Saturday doesnt turn into a missed opportunity.

Hughton should be licking his lips at that draw and must go all out Tuesday week.

Bring the big guns for the baggies.

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

I reckon we will play a strong team if we get a win and a draw in the next two league games.

theboybilly

I believe that the FA should kick Milwall out of the cup because of the crowd troubles v Everton and put AFC Wimbledon straight through. Controversial I know but they must be seen to be doing something.

I don't agree with that at all. From recent experience Millwall away is one of the safest away trips going - the Met Police and indeed Millwall FC have got crowd safety around the ground down to a fine art. It is nowhere near as bad as the old Den. In my view Everton fans must have gone looking for Millwall pubs picking off small groups on the way. It is hard to police that without taking police away from the vicinity of the ground. Banning Millwall means the thugs win

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here