Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Bong and Rodriquez

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Does anyone else believe that the two clubs last Saturday had a gentlemen’s agreement that Bong and Rodriquez would take no part in the game?

We started 2 right backs, rather than our one fit Leftback, and only Dunk on the bench as our only defensive cover. I haven’t heard that Bong was injured, so,was a perfectly sensible decision taken by the clubs to minimise what could have been an interesting exchange of views.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Does anyone else believe that the two clubs last Saturday had a gentlemen’s agreement that Bong and Rodriquez would take no part in the game?

We started 2 right backs, rather than our one fit Leftback, and only Dunk on the bench as our only defensive cover. I haven’t heard that Bong was injured, so,was a perfectly sensible decision taken by the clubs to minimise what could have been an interesting exchange of views.

Hughton has already explained why he didn't risk Bong

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
I suggested that to my mate on Saturday and I think that it's a very plausible theory. Neither CH nor Darren Moore will admit it and CH had a reasonable excuse with Bernardo being injured (didn't want to risk my only fit left-back) but we'll almost certainly never know. Another reason why neither party want a replay!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It's what I assumed had happened when Bong wandered past the monster queue to get into the ESU around 14:30 on Saturday afternoon. I hadn't seen the team at that point, so didn't think for one second he'd not make the 18.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Moore has been involved in a pitch side punch up himself when playing the Albion, so may have been circumspect about picking Rodriguez :wink:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I heard from a SAUCE that Bong and JROD watched the game in a box together, after they'd kissed and made up and decided to let bygones be bygones :kiss::love::blush:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Yes is the correct answer.
But for the replay I expect Rodriquez to play but not Bong. There would be too much booing as there would have been at the Amex.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's what I assumed had happened when Bong wandered past the monster queue to get into the ESU around 14:30 on Saturday afternoon. I hadn't seen the team at that point, so didn't think for one second he'd not make the 18.

What was that all about Bozza?

I walked past towards the North Stand and asked a steward and he had no idea what was going On

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham

I thought the same.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What was that all about Bozza?

I walked past towards the North Stand and asked a steward and he had no idea what was going On

I think it was largely people unaware there is a second entrance at the other end. I mentioned it in the Toilet thread and apparently it happens occasionally when there are a lot of new visitors unfamiliar with the ground showing up.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Does anyone genuinely think there wasn't an agreement?

Yes, me

I just thought it was to ensure Bong was not inured ahead of the Fulham game, as Bernardo's injury will keep him out of that game, and didn't want to go to Fulham without a recognised left back.

But then I don't believe in the deep state

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here