Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] iran vs Japan

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Double nutmeg in the Japan penalty area by Amiri (TM).

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Watching on hesgoal and with English commentators, not sure which TV company, but they are having fun with the names.

And Brighton get a mention. That's more times than MOTD on Saturday night.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
1:0 Japan
Japanese player went down and so Iran stop and surround the ref asking for a card for the player who fell. Meanwhile said player has got up and chased the ball, crossed it in to an almost empty box and Japan score.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
got to be the most ridiculous penalty decision ever ... probably told by VAR it was not a pen so watched it but had to save face by still giving it ... and people complain about prem refs

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
got to be the most ridiculous penalty decision ever ... probably told by VAR it was not a pen so watched it but had to save face by still giving it ... and people complain about prem refs

Think it was a pen. Hit the players arm and, although he was on the ground, his arm was outstretched.

Good game worth watching. 20 mins to go so Iran will throw everything forward.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Think it was a pen. Hit the players arm and, although he was on the ground, his arm was outstretched.

guess its all a matter of interpretation ... my thoughts were he was sliding and its natural for the arm to slide along behind , didnt see any movement of hand to ball , arm was kinda constant and ball hit it .... at least I think next season a handball in the area is a pen accidental or not with the rule change

makes little difference to this game I think , Ali J should be back and available for the weekend which is a bonus for us Albion fans

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
3:0 Japan
Time to book another flight, or is there a 3rd 4th play-off?
FIGHT!

Third place match in 2015.

Jahanbakhsh was poor anyway.

Match was worth watching until Iran self destructed.

I don't think there is a third place match this time.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here