Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chances of snow affecting travel after Fulham game tomorrow night?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I was going to drive. Anyone got any parking suggestions ? Was thinking of going to Staines and getting the train from there.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I was going to drive. Anyone got any parking suggestions ? Was thinking of going to Staines and getting the train from there.

Not driving this time, getting the train, but I recall there being plenty of resident areas you can park in, some rough, some permit only, but I have never failed to get one somewhere.

Madafwo

I'm probably being facetious.
Nov 11, 2013
No plans to cancel anything just yet, the more stuff running the better and the issues really arise on the Railway when nothing is moving and the snow has time to settle on the rails. There's also heating elements on a lot of points and rails to avoid freezing.

If I do hear anything I'll let people know.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
No plans to cancel anything just yet, the more stuff running the better and the issues really arise on the Railway when nothing is moving and the snow has time to settle on the rails. There's also heating elements on a lot of points and rails to avoid freezing.

If I do hear anything I'll let people know.

Thanks, its going to be tight to get back to Worthing via Clapham if there are any delays.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
car.jpg

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

Tend to use justpark.com for most away games. Would rather pay a few quid and have somewhere booked & relatively secure than trawl around for ages trying to find somewhere. Have booked a space just off Putney Bridge Road for tomorrow

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..

Assume you mean the 4-0 game? If so, was abandoned after about 70 minutes. I recall the grief we were getting from Swindon fans, and the roar of revenge when ref blew for abandonment.
Yes it was the second half but abandoned through a waterlogged pitch, not snow. I'll never forget walking back to the station singing 'we're singing in the rain, we're singing in the rain, what glorious feeling we're happy again!'

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Have done “Just Park “half a mile from ground always worked so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks. Going to use that facility. Seem to remember Fulham is one of the easier grounds to get to in London.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Coincidentally, I found the red and white "away" scarf from that game in the loft at the weekend - I think they were given "free" to those who travelled by coach to the game, and I had to buy one as I told my Mum that i was travelling to the game on the coach, whilst I was secretly travelling by train which she would have deemed unsafe for a 15 year old lad in the bad old days of hooliganism! Still remember my pride when I overheard a Peterborough fan say "Christ, there are thousands of them - more than when Leeds came". Was one of the best, jam-packed, slightly scary crushing, under-a-roof -at-one-end away games of my time.. ridiculous conditions, great to snatch a draw..

I got one and definitely wasn’t on a coach. Seagull Special train, most likely.

I still have mine, too.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Yes it was the second half but abandoned through a waterlogged pitch, not snow. I'll never forget walking back to the station singing 'we're singing in the rain, we're singing in the rain, what glorious feeling we're happy again!'

It was definitely snowing that day.

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
Assume you mean the 4-0 game? If so, was abandoned after about 70 minutes. I recall the grief we were getting from Swindon fans, and the roar of revenge when ref blew for abandonment.

Crikey, didn’t realise it went that far. Only time I have genuinely been scared leaving an away ground, and yes I have been to Millwall and Cardiff! The locals were seething... :(

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
Come back to me when it's as snowy as Peterborough away.

Until such time -

View attachment 104164

I remember an icy wind like a knife coming through the entrance/exit sections of the terrace, and the orange ball taking such a random bounce off a major snow divot it completely changed trajectory and looped over - who was it - Perry Digweed? It’s all a bit vague in my memory...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here