Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chances of snow affecting travel after Fulham game tomorrow night?

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Getting a little concerned at these snow/ice warnings and the consequent potential for train (and no doubt car) chaos trying to get back from London after game tomorrow night. Obviously extremely difficult for forecasters to be precise but, at present looks like first snow due to hit South East during game.

Anyone else a snowflake?! :lol:

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Firstly the trains do not require snow to melt into chaos, but looking at the forecast I don;t see any issues getting away from the game by road as it really needs to be extremely heavy snow to lay in London, and the forecast looks more like sleet at least up to midnight. Hopefully with the forecast the M23/A23 will have been gritted and again forecast is manly sleet or light snow.

But at least its an excellent excuse to pack a flask

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Are hot water bottles allowed in at Fulham?

original_football-personalised-hot-water-bottle-cover.jpg

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
the latest GFS has snow for much of the south already by 7pm.

36-574PUK.GIF

and still snowing over London at 10pm

39-574PUK.GIF

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Where the high res Arpege model has it as rain for London southwards

arpegeuk-42-35-0.png

and still rain for Sussex by 8pm

arpegeuk-42-37-0.png

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Other model output

WRF - weakening feature - snow but it just peters out

nmmuk-42-37-0.png

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Usual panic stations due to a little bit of snow. Can't wait to get to Fulham & enjoy the snow - just hope they've got an orange ball!!!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Firstly the trains do not require snow to melt into chaos, but looking at the forecast I don;t see any issues getting away from the game by road as it really needs to be extremely heavy snow to lay in London, and the forecast looks more like sleet at least up to midnight. Hopefully with the forecast the M23/A23 will have been gritted and again forecast is manly sleet or light snow.

But at least its an excellent excuse to pack a flask

'Hopefully' being the operative word.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Memories of United last year with every season of sun, rain, snow and sleet in one game.

But let's be honest, Southern WILL cancel trains Tuesday night 'just in case'

As a side, Saturday we were on the train Falmer to Lewes and when it stopped at Lewes only the front 6 carriages fitted on the platform. OK so the guard did announce that only the front 7 fitted so he got it wrong but in carriage 7 it was mass panic trying to run up a packed train to get out.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Memories of United last year with every season of sun, rain, snow and sleet in one game.

But let's be honest, Southern WILL cancel trains Tuesday night 'just in case'

As a side, Saturday we were on the train Falmer to Lewes and when it stopped at Lewes only the front 6 carriages fitted on the platform. OK so the guard did announce that only the front 7 fitted so he got it wrong but in carriage 7 it was mass panic trying to run up a packed train to get out.

Yes, I'd expect trains will be cancelled in case of snow.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Come back to me when it's as snowy as Peterborough away.

Until such time -

wp-1460789977310.jpeg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anyone else notice that nowadays when you try to arrange to meet somebody by text in a different town, and you're going by train, you always have to add some kind of 'trains permitting' rider and warn the person you're due to meet to monitor their texts in case the trains upfurk. Which they will do, more often than not.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
I’m taking my minibus leaving Wisborough Green at 4.45pm at moment got three spaces pm me if interested for on route only pick ups going via loxwood Alfold Guildford

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
So about 2mm then?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
More surprising they haven't pre-emptively cancelled everything between tomorrow lunchtime and Easter based on the risk TBH

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

Come back to me when it's as snowy as Peterborough away.

Until such time -

View attachment 104164

Coincidentally, I found the red and white "away" scarf from that game in the loft at the weekend - I think they were given "free" to those who travelled by coach to the game, and I had to buy one as I told my Mum that i was travelling to the game on the coach, whilst I was secretly travelling by train which she would have deemed unsafe for a 15 year old lad in the bad old days of hooliganism! Still remember my pride when I overheard a Peterborough fan say "Christ, there are thousands of them - more than when Leeds came". Was one of the best, jam-packed, slightly scary crushing, under-a-roof -at-one-end away games of my time.. ridiculous conditions, great to snatch a draw..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here