Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Chances of snow affecting travel after Fulham game tomorrow night?

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Crikey, didn’t realise it went that far. Only time I have genuinely been scared leaving an away ground, and yes I have been to Millwall and Cardiff! The locals were seething... :(

Wasn’t the rule then, that if a game was abandoned after 70 minutes the result stood , if before 70 minutes it had to be replayed?

I seem to remember that game was stopped on the 68th minute, hence the outrage of the Swindon fans, and they were extremely outraged.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I remember an icy wind like a knife coming through the entrance/exit sections of the terrace, and the orange ball taking such a random bounce off a major snow divot it completely changed trajectory and looped over - who was it - Perry Digweed? It’s all a bit vague in my memory...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was staying with a mate who lived in Huntingdon and we didn't know whether the game would be on so I phoned the club . The cheery guy on the phone was adamant it was on but he sounded like a bit of a nutter. I asked who I was speaking to, he just said " my name's John Wyle, I'm the manager".

Can't imagine a league manager manning the phones these days....

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Even if it snows I’m not sure it’ll be as cold as the game when Jones was in charge post-Sami H. Cracking night all round though [emoji16][emoji16]

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Any update [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] please as to how much, if any, flumpage will accumulate by 22.00 tomorrow between Fulham and Brighton?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Any update [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] please as to how much, if any, flumpage will accumulate by 22.00 tomorrow between Fulham and Brighton?

My guess would be rain then snow mid Sussex, but snow most of the time in London, and it will freeze as soon as it clears, but they will be well after the football. I'd say it will be snowing for at least some of the game, which will be pretty on the telly.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
My guess would be rain then snow mid Sussex, but snow most of the time in London, and it will freeze as soon as it clears, but they will be well after the football. I'd say it will be snowing for at least some of the game, which will be pretty on the telly.

Many thanks.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
I'm on my way.... tenor.gif:moo:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Any recommendations for trains post match.
Am I better off walking further to Putney station over the bridge than queueing at Putney Bridge underground queue?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Assume you mean the 4-0 game? If so, was abandoned after about 70 minutes. I recall the grief we were getting from Swindon fans, and the roar of revenge when ref blew for abandonment.

I thought that it was earlier than that as the police told us at half time the ref was going to start the 2nd half and then abandon the game. IIRC we lost the rearranged game.,

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
i thought this issue on time at which abandoned game wouldnt be replayed sould be easy to resolve with the rules. apparently not, FA says "An abandoned match is replayed unless the competition rules or organisers determine otherwise.". so its down to the league to decide each case.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I thought that it was earlier than that as the police told us at half time the ref was going to start the 2nd half and then abandon the game. IIRC we lost the rearranged game.,

It was 76/77. I only remember reading about it. I thought it was late. About 78 minutes.

Jul 7, 2003
I was going to drive. Anyone got any parking suggestions ? Was thinking of going to Staines and getting the train from there.

Last time up there I parked in the multi-story opposite Wimbledon station and got the tube up to Fulham from there.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

No, think it was late in game. Lost rearranged game 2-1 as penultimate game of season. I thought we were promoted by then, but not case:

Capture.JPG

Wrexham fluffed their lines - lost final two games and we pipped Palace. Final table reads as an interesting 'where are they now':

Capture.JPG

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
No, think it was late in game. Lost rearranged game 2-1 as penultimate game of season. I thought we were promoted by then, but not case:

View attachment 104180

Wrexham fluffed their lines - lost final two games and we pipped Palace. Final table reads as an interesting 'where are they now':

View attachment 104181

The Swindon Town match was abandoned in the 67th minute.

Albion HAD earned promotion before the rearranged game; they were promoted when they beat Sheffield Wednesday 3-2 at the Goldstone Ground on May 3rd 1977 (Rotherham lost the same night and could no longer catch us).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here