Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Nobody else is interested:-

[tweet]1089810337526894593[/tweet]

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Too early on a Monday morning for most! Are these held at the Amex or at Lancing training ground?

D

Deleted member 2719

They mention the mutual love of Zamora but they've forgotten Stevie Sidwell another mutual legend. Another good reason to have a small soft spot for Fulham

My liking of Fulham was when World cup hero and England captain Bobby Moore joined them and my first ever away game as a kid of 10ish.

They have had the best 2 Bobbys in the World imo.

Sidders is a nice enough guy and done well for us but Bobby is king in the battle by some margin.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
Nobody else is interested:-

[tweet]1089810337526894593[/tweet]

i often wonder about the point of these innumerable press conferences- They must be the same every week, we have to face facts that to the average non albion supporter, no one is really interested. Any major announcements will not be given in pre match press shindigs. What is Chris actually going to say- brief update on injuries -but even then to be viewed with some scepticism as he hardly going to give an advantage to opponents if say a big name will make a surprise return. He wont give any game plan away. So in essence, it will be- we respect the opposition, on their day they can be very hard to get a result against. We will be working hard to get a result. Is it really worth sending a load of reporters from the Nationals to hear that?

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
i often wonder about the point of these innumerable press conferences- They must be the same every week, we have to face facts that to the average non albion supporter, no one is really interested. Any major announcements will not be given in pre match press shindigs. What is Chris actually going to say- brief update on injuries -but even then to be viewed with some scepticism as he hardly going to give an advantage to opponents if say a big name will make a surprise return. He wont give any game plan away. So in essence, it will be- we respect the opposition, on their day they can be very hard to get a result against. We will be working hard to get a result. Is it really worth sending a load of reporters from the Nationals to hear that?

Not at 9am on a Monday it isn't...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
They mention the mutual love of Zamora but they've forgotten Stevie Sidwell another mutual legend. Another good reason to have a small soft spot for Fulham

not to mention our sprinkling of players under Adams, and they are generally not disagreeable.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003

As you say can almost write them in advance: "It's going to be a tough game against a very good team. They're well-organised and have players* in key positions who can really hurt us if we're not careful. I'm not expecting anything other than a very hard game. We're going to have to be at our very best to get something out of it"

* Replace with 'world class players' if we're playing a top side.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
As you say can almost write them in advance: "It's going to be a tough game against a very good team. They're well-organised and have players* in key positions who can really hurt us if we're not careful. I'm not expecting anything other than a very hard game. We're going to have to be at our very best to get something out of it"

* Replace with 'world class players' if we're playing a top side.

You missed out the word quality. "There's a lot of quality in their side" or "they have some quality players" etc etc. Every CH press conference I've seen quotes from in the past 2 or 3 years has featured the word quality.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Well done - that was an enjoyable read.

“But even he moved us to Loftus Road for two seasons and was looking for another ground. We said goodbye to the Cottage in 2002 and didn’t expect to go back. But they couldn’t find another site so we ended up redeveloping the two ends and staying there through a lucky accident.

I had forgotten all about that.

And a great Robble Savage line.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
not to mention our sprinkling of players under Adams, and they are generally not disagreeable.

Didn't somebody list 25 players who have played for both?

Off the top of my head I got Bobby Z, Sidwell, David Stockdale, Darren Freeman, Danny Cullip, Paul Brooker, Simon Morgan, Richard Carpenter, Paul Watson, Clive Walker, Peter O'Sullivan, Stan Brown, Teddy Maybank, Perry Digweed, Leroy Rosenior. Plus Micky Adams and Alan Mullery represented both..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here