Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Fulham "Neutral Area" Putney End

Seagull

Yes I eat anything
Feb 28, 2009
On the wing
Has anyone ever watched from the Putney End "Neutral Section" at Craven Cottage? My Fulham supporting mate says it's OK & behind the goal next to the away support, though I see they want £50 for Tuesday's A-list visitors! Weather forecast of 3degC & rain not totally alluring. Ratings please.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Right next to the away section. It’s the same end of the ground. If memory serves me right, there’s no segregation too.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Seems a convenient way of circumventing the £30 max for away fans limit recently introduced. I hope the FA look into what they are doing.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Seems a convenient way of circumventing the £30 max for away fans limit recently introduced. I hope the FA look into what they are doing.
This could have got a ticket but I am not paying £50

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham

They’re not breaching any rules. They don’t need to offer additional tickets to away fans over the regulated allocation.

I’d much rather be a Brighton fan with c3,000 tickets on sale for £30 AND more tickets on sale next to the away fans. The alternative is just the c3,000 allocation and home tickets for home fans with a purchase history.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
They’re not breaching any rules. They don’t need to offer additional tickets to away fans over the regulated allocation.

I’d much rather be a Brighton fan with c3,000 tickets on sale for £30 AND more tickets on sale next to the away fans. The alternative is just the c3,000 allocation and home tickets for home fans with a purchase history.

I know they arent hence the word circumvent. What is to stop other clubs doing this instead of what they do now which is to increase allocation or see empty seats. I got one of the last tickets at £30 and would not be buying one of these. Home fans wont be paying £50 a seat.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patreon
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Went in that section in August 2015, we won 2-1.
Tickets on the gate were only £5 more than advance tickets in the Albion section, as there was plenty of room in the neutral section we stood next to the Albion fans.
There is a roof on this stand so I wouldn't worry about getting wet unless down the front of the stand.
There isn't an inside concourse for this stand though, bars etc are outside behind the stand.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I know they arent hence the word circumvent. What is to stop other clubs doing this instead of what they do now which is to increase allocation or see empty seats. I got one of the last tickets at £30 and would not be buying one of these. Home fans wont be paying £50 a seat.

Won’t they? I haven’t seen many empty seats whilst Fulham have been a premier league club. £50 is sadly a common price in this league.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yeah thought it was the away end there was loads of us

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Won’t they? I haven’t seen many empty seats whilst Fulham have been a premier league club. £50 is sadly a common price in this league.

Nope or they would just sell them to home fans at that price as you say they dont have to give any more than the allocation. Maybe some Fulham tourists, I am sure some Brighton fans with no membership points would pay more for a neutral section at the Amex but it doesnt make it right.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Nope or they would just sell them to home fans at that price as you say they dont have to give any more than the allocation.

Or, they could continue to sell the tickets for a higher price. People are buying them.

This isn’t hard to understand.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Home fans wont be paying £50 a seat.

Home (Fulham) tickets seem to range from £43-£63 for our match on Tuesday. How much are home tickets at the Amex on a game by game basis?

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
Fulham are averaging an attendance of 24,290 this season. That’s 94.5% full.

For arguments sake, selling 94.5% of home tickets at £50 is better than selling 100% of home tickets for £30.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Or, they could continue to sell the tickets for a higher price. People are buying them.

This isn’t hard to understand.

They could, all away tickets used to be sold at a higher price till morally they were forced to reduce the price this isnt hard to understand either.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Didn’t think it really existed this season. For our game they said anyone with a BN post code would have tickets cancelled did they not ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here