Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Film] Portslade on Film 4 tonight

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now there's a sentence you don't expect to write.

I take it everybody else already knew Ben Wheatley's Free Fire, set in late 70's Boston, was actually filmed in Portslade, well at least the outside shots were.

It certainly came as a surprise to me. (and might have done the last time I found out, as well :lol: )

kroqq

Mar 28, 2013
And inside shots filmed at now demolished evening argus warehouse by Hollingbury Asda!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Hmmmm, when was the last time Portslade was 'worth it'?

My late mother and her mother were from Portslade, not the crappy bit though, Mile Oak before that got crappy too.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
My late mother and her mother were from Portslade, not the crappy bit though, Mile Oak before that got crappy too.
Great Auntie Edie once said:-

'This Falklands War will be over when we take back Portslade'.

She was probably right.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

Portslade in its glory days

10windclos1930.JPG

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

Strictly speaking, and despite the video just posted, Mile Oak is still the crappy bit and parts around the station have gentrified. Portslade Station that is. Which is in Hove.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Strictly speaking, and despite the video just posted, Mile Oak is still the crappy bit and parts around the station have gentrified. Portslade Station that is. Which is in Hove.

I'm going back quite some time in my more positive appraisal though, when Portslade Railway station platforms had decent roofs.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Same here. I only have fond memories of the place. Easthill Park, Peter Gladwin, the corn fields before they were built on, Mill Lane sweetshop, etc etc

Owned by the Wooldridge's from early 70s to who-knows-when. I did a paper round out of there circa 1971. I had the Mill Lane pitch. Doing the flats at the top of Foredown Road was a bugger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here