Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Christian Walton

Mayonaise

May 25, 2014
Haywards Heath
Christian was on the bench yesterday but the guy keeping him out of the Wigan team is pretty terrible so struggling to understand why he is not playing.

Has our Christian lost his way a bit this season, been injured or what?

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country
Wigan fans have been quite critical of him as of late. If memory serves correctly, they were going through a patch of conceding regaularly and, rightly of wrongly, fingers got pointed at Walton, which is the naturally reaction, blame the keeper etc. Can’t say if he was at fault or not because I don’t follow the comings and goings of the championship particularly closely now we aren’t in it.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Talk of lack of controlling the area causing defenders problems and them gifting goals. Seem critical about him and crosses as well

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Some keepers seem to only be as good as the coaching team where they are playing...

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Is this a bit of a worrying trend? Sanchez started as the bee's knees at FGR too, then suddenly he was the worst thing since sliced bread.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Ryan & Button look more than decent enough so not overly concerned if he doesn’t cut it. Ben Roberts will make the right call

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Is this a bit of a worrying trend? Sanchez started as the bee's knees at FGR too, then suddenly he was the worst thing since sliced bread.

Nowt as critical as a disgruntled fan, Easy for them to criticize too, as they aren't actually one of their own. Be interesting to see what we do with them both next season.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Nowt as critical as a disgruntled fan, Easy for them to criticize too, as they aren't actually one of their own. Be interesting to see what we do with them both next season.

Do you mean other team's fans don't criticise a player if he's one of their own? Blimey, I always knew we were a unique club, but.........................

Lifelong Supporter

Aug 4, 2009
Burgess Hill
It seems a long while since our keeper made a howler. OK they could have done better with some, that is natural, but they seem one of our strengths. Button looks a confident keeper which must be good for those in front of him

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

The funny thing is, I always thought Sanchez performed better than Montgomery at FGR. Even when they were rotated, Sanchez looked head and shoulders above his competition. Better distribution, better with the ball at his feet and commanded his box well. Funny old world :shrug:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
The funny thing is, I always thought Sanchez performed better than Montgomery at FGR. Even when they were rotated, Sanchez looked head and shoulders above his competition. Better distribution, better with the ball at his feet and commanded his box well. Funny old world :shrug:

It was the way they wanted Montgomery over Sanchez because 'he was one of their own' - he signed for them in May 2018!

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Do you mean other team's fans don't criticise a player if he's one of their own? Blimey, I always knew we were a unique club, but.........................

Of course, but it's always easier to have a scapegoat in your pack if things go wrong, you can blame another club for your own shortcomings.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Trouble is he gave away something like five pens, plus a couple of howlers towards the end.

Sanchez has a habit of chasing the ball when he fumbles, which contributed to at least three of the pens.

Walton is just having a bad season, physically he seems to struggle when there are bodies around him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here