Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Toilets, yes toilets

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
I'm sure like many others on Saturday I changed stands and in my case moved from WSL to ESU, good view being slightly higher but really cold up in the gods.
Half time decided to relieve myself of my pre match beers, the queue in WSL is normally bad enough snaking twenty odd yards through the concourse area however ESU was a different challenge battling through the queues for food and drink kiosks then the hoards supporters who had probably gone inside to get out of the cold. I reckon a good ten minutes spent battling to have a piss (not 10 mins pissing) surely isn't part of the Amex experience.
I'm sure the club would prefer us to spend less time queuing for the toilet and more time queuing for food and drink making more money. I don't know the answers but should more toilets be in place or make the toilets bigger, should there be fewer ladies toilets (look what have I started now), maybe I should just drink less beer pre match.
In a nutshell how can the club reduce the queuing time for the John and make it easier to access the fore mentioned facility.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
If the club could rescind the rule on plastic bottle tops that would help, if you know what I mean ...

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
Here’s your answer.
45AE0058-2B24-4783-A47F-6CCC7CEA0AC6.jpeg

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I'm sure like many others on Saturday I changed stands and in my case moved from WSL to ESU, good view being slightly higher but really cold up in the gods.
Half time decided to relieve myself of my pre match beers, the queue in WSL is normally bad enough snaking twenty odd yards through the concourse area however ESU was a different challenge battling through the queues for food and drink kiosks then the hoards supporters who had probably gone inside to get out of the cold. I reckon a good ten minutes spent battling to have a piss (not 10 mins pissing) surely isn't part of the Amex experience.
I'm sure the club would prefer us to spend less time queuing for the toilet and more time queuing for food and drink making more money. I don't know the answers but should more toilets be in place or make the toilets bigger, should there be fewer ladies toilets (look what have I started now), maybe I should just drink less beer pre match.
In a nutshell how can the club reduce the queuing time for the John and make it easier to access the fore mentioned facility.

Fewer, or smaller Ladies toilets? yes probabaly, but l'm guessing there many be a statue in law that prevents the club from doing this. The problem then arises, where are you going to put these extra toilet facilities? The space all along the insides of the wall where the toilets currently are seems to be already taken up, and l'm absoluely sure the club won't remove one of the catering kiosks to accommodate them!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
I've said on here before, and I'll say it again... Convert some of the barely used Women's toilets into mens. It's such a bloody simple solution.... Just look at the queues for the Ladies toilets on matchdays. Yes, there aren't any. EVER. :shrug:

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Having a seperate exit instead of trying to squeeze through the crowded corner, where the wash basins and hand dryers and the customary queue for the dumpers or smokers are would help

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've said on here before, and I'll say it again... Convert some of the barely used Women's toilets into mens. It's such a bloody simple solution.... Just look at the queues for the Ladies toilets on matchdays. Yes, there aren't any. EVER. :shrug:

Hmmm in theory, yes absolutely. I'm wondering though if there is something in law that says that sporting venues have to give both sexes an equal amount of space.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008

Absolutely agree ,what a bloody ridiculous situation and such a simple solution ...as above .

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Fewer, or smaller Ladies toilets? yes probabaly, but l'm guessing there many be a statue in law that prevents the club from doing this. The problem then arises, where are you going to put these extra toilet facilities? The space all along the insides of the wall where the toilets currently are seems to be already taken up, and l'm absoluely sure the club won't remove one of the catering kiosks to accommodate them!

Firstly, if the toilets were smaller that would make it difficult for those with back problems when they try to stand up again! As for statues, not sure how getting a sculptor to do something will help?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Firstly, if the toilets were smaller that would make it difficult for those with back problems when they try to stand up again! As for statues, not sure how getting a sculptor to do something will help?

Ha flipping ha, you knew precisely what l meant! :)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Half-time in the ESU was ridiculous. The queues for the catering outlet towards the North end of the concourse were so long there was barely any space for people not wanting to queue, so the whole place was gridlocked with no one really able to move anywhere.

On the plus side, it was considerably warmer being part of this human logjam than being outside in the seats.

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Simple 21st century solution...

Convert half of all toilets (men and women's) to unisex.

Again, as I've said before, make half the Ladies toilets for 'Gender Fluid' if you really want to baffle the FA Lawmakers (should there actually be a law about equal amounts of mens and ladies toilets..)

I am perfectly happy to identify myself as a woman when I'm breaking my neck for a piss. :thumbsup:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

And what happens if the Amex hosts an England Women's International ?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
But how was the queue for the library?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Speaking of East Upper queues... I arrived about 2:45 and as I made my way to the East side of the stadium there was a massive queue for the east upper at the north end, trailing back past the north stand entrance. I decided to risk going to the other end and found the south end entrance to the ESU had a queue of two people.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Misogynist!

Knocky's Nose

May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Misogynist!

misogynist : Dictionary result for misogynist
/mɪˈsɒdʒ(ə)nɪst/
noun

1. a person who dislikes, despises, or is strongly prejudiced against women.
"a bachelor and renowned misogynist"

synonym: woman-hater, anti-feminist, male chauvinist, male supremacist, chauvinist, sexist

Well, seeing as I've been happily married to a woman for 20 years I'm not much of one, eh....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here