Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] FA Cup Game

ColchesterDan

Jan 25, 2019
Good Morning Everyone,

Myself and my two boys aged 8 and 6, visited your stadium for the first ever time yesterday as part of our FA Cup adventure where we are trying to go to a game in every round and hopefully end up at Wembley, so yesterday was actually our seventh FA Cup game this season.

Result aside, I just wanted to post a quick thank you to the club for being very helpful and including a picture of us in the match day programme (which the boys loved) but also to all your fans who were really welcoming and friendly on the day.

As you can imagine, we have gone from watching games in front of under 100 people to 27,000 yesterday so the whole stadium experience yesterday totally blew them away.

You are a great club with an equally impressive stadium and fans, we wish you all the best in the replay and for the rest of the season.

Dan

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
You’re giving your boys a good, rounded footballing education. That’s very commendable. Glad you enjoyed the day out. Sorry about the football though, but of course having to endure dull games is all part of that education!

Good Morning Everyone,

Myself and my two boys aged 8 and 6, visited your stadium for the first ever time yesterday as part of our FA Cup adventure where we are trying to go to a game in every round and hopefully end up at Wembley, so yesterday was actually our seventh FA Cup game this season.

Result aside, I just wanted to post a quick thank you to the club for being very helpful and including a picture of us in the match day programme (which the boys loved) but also to all your fans who were really welcoming and friendly on the day.

As you can imagine, we have gone from watching games in front of under 100 people to 27,000 yesterday so the whole stadium experience yesterday totally blew them away.

You are a great club with an equally impressive stadium and fans, we wish you all the best in the replay and for the rest of the season.

Dan
Did this myself a few years ago following the winners of each round started at Hassocks vEpsom pre-pre round took in 17 games 3400 miles and ended up at Arsenal v Villa final on an access all areas tour, sat in the dugouts went on the podium after the game met Merson, Adams and went into the studio when Lineker and shearer were there. Great adventure met some brilliant people and highlight was supporting Bradford at the Chelsea game. Have fun and I hope you make it all the way.
Just noticed you are from Colchester, met a lad from Colchester doing the same thing as myself and we helped each other with tickets at the Wembley stage of our journey. Good lad.

ColchesterDan

Jan 25, 2019
Thanks everyone, appreciate all your comments, really liked your stadium, hopefully we get to see you again in the final :)

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Intrigued, how do you decide which game to go to and then how do you get tickets.
I'd have thought semi-final and final tickets are like gold dust.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here