Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Dan Burn

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Played well in both games but you have to put it in perspective , he was playing against championship attackers & would surely be tested a lot more in the prem if he ever gets a game in that. Extremely good back up though & I would put him as third choice ahead of Balogun at the moment.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
Good signing and when the inevitable premium keeps increasing on HGP we have one who we might be willing to sell.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Played well in both games but you have to put it in perspective , he was playing against championship attackers & would surely be tested a lot more in the prem if he ever gets a game in that. Extremely good back up though & I would put him as third choice ahead of Balogun at the moment.

I would think at least 1 of D&D will have another suspension before the season is out. I’ll feel a lot better with Burn coming in.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Balogun last night reminded me of why my German friend on signing him said “why have you signed him, he’s rubbish”.

Apart from the goal, did he have that bad a game?

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove

There was another headed chance Rogers had to equalise at 2-2 where he completely lost his man through no other reason than concentration, should never have been a chance and it was a free header. There were numerous other lapses at the heart of the defence where he just seems to switch off. Yes, the goal was dreadful, but that was just one he didn't get away with, there were plenty of others.

At the moment, from what I have seen, he is at least 1 mistake a game. Burn on the other hand didn't put a foot wrong.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Balogun last night reminded me of why my German friend on signing him said “why have you signed him, he’s rubbish”.

Yes, I was rather surprised....he looked quite ill at ease last night, sad even. Strange.

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yes, I was rather surprised....he looked quite ill at ease last night, sad even. Strange.

Rather than a lack of ability, which I think he clearly has, I think he suffers from really poor concentration, not just the goal. I know he scored against Palace, but the penalty he gave away, the pass he gifted Willian, last night, and other mistakes that didn't result in goals, he just looks like someone that has these lapses.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Rather than a lack of ability, which I think he clearly has, I think he suffers from really poor concentration, not just the goal. I know he scored against Palace, but the penalty he gave away, the pass he gifted Willian, last night, and other mistakes that didn't result in goals, he just looks like someone that has these lapses.

Hopefully the club will be able to do what it seems to do so well - train the weaknesses out of his game as it has done with Big Jurg, Dunky, dare I say Knocky (too soon?) and others.....

Yes Chef

Apr 11, 2016
In the kitchen

Yes, well put, it's not that I don't rate him rather that he is prone to the odd clanger

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

For a defender 'apart from the goal' is not a clarification worth making :)

It feels like he's made a howler that's led to a goal in every game he's played. The penalty against Palace. The misplaced pass straight to a Chelsea player. The hash of a clearance against Arsenal. To be particularly stern you can add giving Lukaku a free header for United and playing Bissouma into trouble at Anfield. And now last night.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here