Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
And I have a slight inkling we maybe on last tonight! :thumbsup: :bla:

Pickles

May 5, 2014

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
The woman commentating on the Wolves v Shrewsbury game makes my ears bleed.

Heard her before and she's still unlistenable to me.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
I don't have a problem with women commentators and presenters on mens footy. I do have a problem with them being pundits. The girl on Sky seems to do every game now and it does my fat manly tits in. It isn't about knowledge or anything, it is because she is a woman. By all means pundit womens footy but not mens. The little line beneath her will say won 8 million medals with Arsenal between 2002 and 2004 or whatever, because basically they were one of the only team playing at the time. There is a limit to this gender aligning in sport. I get so bored of listening to a woman punditaring the mens footy I sometimes wish to have Jimmy Hill back.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I don't have a problem with women commentators and presenters on mens footy. I do have a problem with them being pundits. The girl on Sky seems to do every game now and it does my fat manly tits in. It isn't about knowledge or anything, it is because she is a woman. By all means pundit womens footy but not mens. The little line beneath her will say won 8 million medals with Arsenal between 2002 and 2004 or whatever, because basically they were one of the only team playing at the time. There is a limit to this gender aligning in sport. I get so bored of listening to a woman punditaring the mens footy I sometimes wish to have Jimmy Hill back.

Wtf you on about!?

For punditry knowledge and ability to communicate it is all, gender has nothing to do with it. You should listen to Mina Rzouki.

My problem with said commentator has nothing to do with her being a woman. It's all about the shrillness of her voice for me, not her gender.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Wtf you on about!?

For punditry knowledge and ability to communicate it is all, gender has nothing to do with it. You should listen to Mina Rzouki.

My problem with said commentator has nothing to do with her being a woman. It's all about the shrillness of her voice for me, not her gender.

I don't have a problem with women commentators and presenters on mens footy.

Perhaps you missed the opening sentence.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
The jug eared one is missing. The hostess is wearing trackies. It's not a good start.

Wonder if fhey will even bother to mention our name in this episode. Or are WBA still Adrian Chiles little baby and so it's all about 'plucky West Brom'.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Perhaps you missed the opening sentence.

But you have a problem with women pundits on men's football. How bizarre.

I can only assume I've been whoosed or something :shrug:

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Wonder if fhey will even bother to mention our name in this episode. Or are WBA still Adrian Chiles little baby and so it's all about 'plucky West Brom'.

Be honest, our game was shite. Be grateful if we don't even get a mention I reckon.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yeah I do, see after the first sentence. Is that not allowed in our liberal society?

Feel free. Just a bit bizarre, but each to their own I suppose.

For what it's worth. I rarely watch women's football. Not because it's women playing, but because so much of the goalkeeping is too comedic for me to take it seriously.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
It is a strange attitude that you have. Surely knowledge and competence is key. What does genitalia have to do with it?

I find that a very fair point. I bet when she played v Man Utd and Roy Keane she knew all about his notoriety and skill, just an example obviously.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
... but because so much of the goalkeeping is too comedic for me to take it seriously.

As is my take on women doing punditry on mens football. Personally I like pundits that have been there and done it, otherwise you could literally put anyone in that seat that has had a kickabout on the local rec.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
MOTD shows we should have had a penalty. Given Atwell was the VAR ref no surprise it wasn't awarded.

SuperFurrySeagull

Sep 25, 2003
Cardiff By The Sea
The woman commentating on the Wolves v Shrewsbury game makes my ears bleed.

Heard her before and she's still unlistenable to me.

Agreed, she reminds me of Alan Partridge's sports reporter; "****!! THAT WAS LIQUID FOOTBALL!!!".

I don't have a problem with female commentators/pundits per se

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
It is a strange attitude that you have. Surely knowledge and competence is key. What does genitalia have to do with it?

I too am in the camp of taking someone a lot more seriously if they've been there and done it. I just can't sit and listen to a lady wax lyrical about the Mens PL if the highest level she's ever played at is ladies Monkey Tennis 5-10 years ago. Sorry...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here