Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Incident in the 1901 west stand

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] I must have been in front of you because we had hot drinks at half time and placed them on said shelf. Underneath us is the players lounge / East 1901 so could have hurt someone important.
Also saw two kids with water bottles with lids, the sports caps rather than screw. Is this a flaw in the law perhaps "no screw caps".

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Was in ESU for the first time yesterday and not a patch on my normal row H WSU. Match speaks for itself but the concourse was bloody cold. In WSU, regardless of the outside temperature you can always get warm at half time on the concourse!!!

Also, noted a couple of fans trying to get in with their season ticket card!!! Be interested to know whether they had in fact purchased a cup ticket and not printed it or, rather foolishly, thought it was included.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
[MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] I must have been in front of you because we had hot drinks at half time and placed them on said shelf. Underneath us is the players lounge / East 1901 so could have hurt someone important.
Also saw two kids with water bottles with lids, the sports caps rather than screw. Is this a flaw in the law perhaps "no screw caps".

I was towards the North end, row B. I can't remember my seat number but the lady in front of me had a rather snuggly looking cream coloured fleece thing on that had little bear-like ears on top of the hood. As I was wearing just a t-shirt and thin jacket, I was quite envious.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
On a side note I was absolutely SHOCKED AND DISTRAUGHT to see someone wandering around holding a bottle of water with the top on it. It was so blatant and deliberately on show that I nearly called a steward. Policing clearly needs a revamp, I mean how can this happen so soon after the ban was put in place. Barber OUT.

Mrs [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION], who is not an Amex regular, just strolled to her seat with a GLASS OF WINE IN HER HAND. She sat down and enjoyed it at her leisure in full view of the playing surface. Crazy behaviour.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Sat ESU front row. Thought it would be good. Not convinced long way from pitch. Top of WSU must be awfull. My normal seats 12 from front row in WSL much better IMO.

Think you will find that most fans prefer the seats they are used to.

I have sat in different parts of the ground for cup games but still like to return to my normal seat in WSU for league games.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

I have sat in different parts of the ground for cup games but still like to return to my normal seat in WSU for league games.

Indeed I do, I was in WSL and had no idea players were that big, most alarming

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
On this note, sitting in the ESU 2nd row today, I couldn't help but notice a rather ugly metal shelf that runs along the front of the ESU. Being flat, it also serves as a shelf, and a few people had, quite logically, placed their drinks on it. I imagine those below in the ESL will get wet from time to time, most likely after we score. Not a problem today, obvs.

Yes I agree as I normally sit second row block D. It's the electronic advertising. Can't help thinking they should have put an angle on the top of it to stop the use as a shelf, but it does make a nice noise when it's banged as a goal celebration.

LowKarate

Jan 6, 2004
Wombling free

My view also.

I went in the North for the first time yesterday for a different experience. I didn’t expect a better view of the game from there than I normally get from my WSU seat and so it was, but it was a different experience and that made a change.

I think that for virtually everyone yesterday it wasn’t what you would normally like (otherwise there will be a massive seat-swapping come ST renewal time), but it was different. The North Stand clearly wasn’t the normal crowd and experience either as it was a mix of people from every stand and that must have been the case everywhere around the ground.

Just to settle the question of from which stand you get the best view of a game, the TV cameras are in WSU for a reason. Just saying, like.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
So what the hell was dropped on this person ?

feather_PNG12959.png

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
My view also.

I went in the North for the first time yesterday for a different experience. I didn’t expect a better view of the game from there than I normally get from my WSU seat and so it was, but it was a different experience and that made a change.

I think that for virtually everyone yesterday it wasn’t what you would normally like (otherwise there will be a massive seat-swapping come ST renewal time), but it was different. The North Stand clearly wasn’t the normal crowd and experience either as it was a mix of people from every stand and that must have been the case everywhere around the ground.

Just to settle the question of from which stand you get the best view of a game, the TV cameras are in WSU for a reason. Just saying, like.

This has probably been done to death already on here but what annoyed me about yesterday was that those of you with WSU tickets had that opportunity to try out the North Stand, but (unless you played the waiting game) those of us who are normal North Stand STH's didn't have the same opportunity to get WSU tickets when they went on sale. Some ******* bought my usual seat at 10am on the date they went on sale (near the back, middle of the North, so inevitable it was going to be popular), which meant I just ended up in another part of the North (I've tried East and West for friendlies already, feel the view is not really any better being on the side and you have to sit down).

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
ST in the North today front row West upper views not bad but for god sake what a moaning bunch of girls, fella behind me did nothing but lay into Locadia all game and when he went off started on another player, he had one of those rather loud look at me voices :tosser: On another note so many ginger fans up there are you all interbreeding at half time??? :lolol:

Not normally anyone* ginger or borish in West Upper. Sure you didn't have an uninvited entourage following you over from the North ? ??? :rolleyes:

(* this is obviously an approximation)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Was row H in North. Loved being close and a goal in the north end would have been class but my word how you can tell who’s playing well must be so hard - no wonder people disagree on here! Much better view of the game in WSU front row!
Might be a good view in the WSU but no where near the same amount of fun as the North, when Andone scored against Palace the place was a mess. WSU reminded me of watching the game on my telly box same angle.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Might be a good view in the WSU but no where near the same amount of fun as the North, when Andone scored against Palace the place was a mess. WSU reminded me of watching the game on my telly box same angle.

Yeh I agree - atmo etc north is far far better. I go with my 70 year old dad so WSU is perfect - I’d be in the North if I was with my mates etc. Def pros and cons to both.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Was in ESU for the first time yesterday and not a patch on my normal row H WSU. Match speaks for itself but the concourse was bloody cold. In WSU, regardless of the outside temperature you can always get warm at half time on the concourse!!!

Also, noted a couple of fans trying to get in with their season ticket card!!! Be interested to know whether they had in fact purchased a cup ticket and not printed it or, rather foolishly, thought it was included.

1901 members do have cup games included so maybe that's who they were?

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
This thread is far more entertaining than the game ��
We left our usual spot in the North (row U, just left of the goal) to get a bird's eye view from the East Upper.
Pros:
1 Much better view of the ebb and flow of the game, obviously.
2 Greater sense of authority when pronouncing verdict on offsides
3 Mobile sausage roll unit
Cons:
1 Larger concentration of disinterested kids playing on their phones
2 Less atmosphere than a snorkeling competition a pool full of mushroom soup
3 A lot more stairs
Also, weirdly, the concourse TVs were showing Bargain Hunt. :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here