Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Millwall v Everton

Hence the later anger from the coward with the knife.

The coward with a knife slashed a man in the face, who was incidentally slashing away with a knife of his own.

No sympathy here.

And for what it's worth, the slashee is one of Everton's top boys.

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
You should have tried The Old Den. Went there in the 70s when we won with a Peter Ward goal. That was not fun.

Was in the home end with my Dad that day , behind the goal in the stand adjacent to the Albion fans . When the Police tried to stop some of the more aggressive locals from scaling the fence the whole stand ( except us two ) turned on them forcing a rapid retreat .

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

We need to be careful about trying to to act all morally superior. We're on rocky ground as one of the videos shows the sort of influence our own Chris 'Raging Excitement' Hughton is having on youngsters following football these days:

[tweet]1089227107186692102[/tweet]

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Video's also circulating of a good few hundred fans (maybe more but hard to tell in a crowded stand) singing 'I would rather be a P**I than a scouse'. Horrible club that seem to be ignored by the authorities who let them continue to live in the dark ages.

There is no way they are going to identity the hundred or so fans who were all singing this.

Therefore; collective punishment is the only answer. Kick them out the FA cup and replace them with a ‘bye’ for the team that draw them in the next round.

It’s time to make an example of this club, we can’t see these scenes again, they should remain only in the warped memories of 70’s throwbacks and disturbed sentimentalists who were only happy in their yoof.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Was in the home end with my Dad that day , behind the goal in the stand adjacent to the Albion fans . When the Police tried to stop some of the more aggressive locals from scaling the fence the whole stand ( except us two ) turned on them forcing a rapid retreat .

The Albion fans were in the seats that day from what I remember. I was in the other end to you (still Millwall, but maybe slightly less aggressive than your end). We stayed quiet when we scored, and we are not shrinking violets usually.

Dr Bandler

Dec 17, 2005
Peterborough
Went there for the good Friday game 23,000 segregation pretty much non existent. The old den in all its glory:eek:

I wasn't there for that one, but remember stories, and even reports and pictures in The Argus (of the crowd behaviour as well as the game). What do you remember of the events of that day? I am sure some of us would find it interesting to hear your recollections - I find all of your descriptions from those days to be accurate and resemble my own memories..

carlzeiss

May 19, 2009
Amazonia
The Albion fans were in the seats that day from what I remember. I was in the other end to you (still Millwall, but maybe slightly less aggressive than your end). We stayed quiet when we scored, and we are not shrinking violets usually.

The Albion fans were definitely in the seats that day . Thinking about it now that's probably why we ended up on the home fan terrace as the admission price would have been perhaps 50p less and my Dad was always careful with funds .

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
Regarding the 23,000 crowd game, I recall massive queues to get into the Den, if you can call them queues. Quite obvious 10 minutes before kick-off that many fans weren’t going to get in before kick-off, so the Millwall fans started swinging on the exit gates. A mounted copper tried to intervene and got pulled off his horse. Eventually the gates gave way and a tide of people, including me, got swept into the ground. There was no choice in the matter. Ended up in a non-segregated area and kept stum all game.

I wasn't there for that one, but remember stories, and even reports and pictures in The Argus (of the crowd behaviour as well as the game). What do you remember of the events of that day? I am sure some of us would find it interesting to hear your recollections - I find all of your descriptions from those days to be accurate and resemble my own memories..

Recall highway who posted on here in the past walking around the track with BHA across his back and a Mr JD from Haywards heath pointing us out to fellow Millwall fans as our car went past, my brother had a broken leg at the time so no chance of getting on our toes. Pretty much chaos from what I recall, it was better the next day at Aldershot they got the backlash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here