Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Vs West Brom (H)

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
I think with Bissouma and Knockaert in the team together, you have shades of Gerrard and Lampard in the England team. Two similar players who cover the same area/try the same thing?
Although it worked very well at Bournemouth in the previous round!
Some of the time they linked up, and quick one twos worked well . Other times their line of thought was on a totally different pass other player was expecting.
There were a few times today when various Albion players tried to link things together and it went the opposite way it should have gone!

Burn was composed, didn't seem flustered, even when put under pressure, and what a great defensive reserve to have on the bench, when the A-team are on the pitch. Thinking he could be a great weapon at corners?

Gyokeres! Impressed with him! Start him against Fulham please CH! We could do with a big sh**house target man for Adone or Murray to feed off!

Raphael Meade

Jul 5, 2003
Shoreham/LA
I thought Locadia was better than most people seem to think - and feeling very positive about Gyokeres, hope to see him get more time over the next week few weeks.

Burns an obvious MOM with a great performance.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I thought Locadia was better than most people seem to think - and feeling very positive about Gyokeres, hope to see him get more time over the next week few weeks.

Burns an obvious MOM with a great performance.

Interesting how some have rated Bissouma so low. He was joint MoM along with Burns in my view. If there was just a little more organisation in the final third he would have scored today and created a couple as well. You can tell he is a very creative and hard working player and needs the players around him to play to those strengths.

Jovis

Mar 30, 2012
Interesting how some have rated Bissouma so low. He was joint MoM along with Burns in my view. If there was just a little more organisation in the final third he would have scored today and created a couple as well. You can tell he is a very creative and hard working player and needs the players around him to play to those strengths.

I thought he played alright, tendancy to over do it a bit, but otherwise ok. Burn clearly the bright spot, very composed.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Thought Kayal had at worst an average game if not better.

The problem was the front 3 who really did F*** A** when ball came to them . Got the impression that

Locadia thought game was below him
Andone was so far off the pace
AK was on a different planet

Our crossing was poor and Montoya needed to push at least another 20 yards forward ...

We certainly missed Bernardo.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Burn - 7 Some lovely touches and interceptions. First half I think he looked a bit nervous, but settled in. He seemed more intent on not making any boo-boo's than doing what Dunk can do - tearing up through the middle taking it forwards.

To be fair, Dunky's England debut he was much the same on the ball, just passing sideways ... I think it's a first appearance thing.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I give credit to West Brom for making it hard for us and carrying a threat. I think we'll win the replay but Knocky was poor in a match he should have dominated. He exasperated most of his teammates today. I bet Hughton can't wait to have Izzy and Ali J back.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
This. Silly comparison. Arguably as good as, if not better than Ryan IMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Button has impressed me immensely. I was not expecting him to be such sound cover for Ryan. A very good signing I think.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Button has impressed me immensely. I was not expecting him to be such sound cover for Ryan. A very good signing I think.

Sorry, I was referring to his kicking.....

Will always think he’s a disaster waiting to happen, but, yes, has done very well.....

Zukey Seagull

Jun 23, 2013
Worthing
Thought Kayal had at worst an average game if not better.

The problem was the front 3 who really did F*** A** when ball came to them . Got the impression that

Locadia thought game was below him
Andone was so far off the pace
AK was on a different planet

Our crossing was poor and Montoya needed to push at least another 20 yards forward ...

We certainly missed Bernardo.

I agree with your point about locadia, I'm also surprised nobody has mentioned that he should've been sent off, when he had a tantrum for getting tackled and he retaliated badly. Also looks to me he can't run that fast, funny though because I really like him usually. But he didn't look interested at times

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It seemed like a pre-season friendly where the players are aware of who the manager will pick to start the campaign and their only interest was to not pick up any injuries. No real urgency on the ball and individuals more interested in watching the game go by than getting stuck in and influencing the match. A disappointing performance

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Button - 6
Bruno - 6
Duffy - 7
Burn - 8
Montoya - 6
Stephens - 5
Bissouma - 6
Kayal - 5
Knockaret - 2
Locadia - 5
Andone - 5

Albeit via the radio

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I agree with your point about locadia, I'm also surprised nobody has mentioned that he should've been sent off, when he had a tantrum for getting tackled and he retaliated badly. Also looks to me he can't run that fast, funny though because I really like him usually. But he didn't look interested at times

Saw the replay of the tackle and the WBA player wrapped his legs around Locadia in a really aggressive way, really suprised it was only Locadia who got booked because it was a very unnecessary tackle to stop Locadia getting up. Not sure it was a sending off when you look at the incident in the United game with Lingard and the two players touching heads. Would have been harsh in the extreme imo.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Saw the replay of the tackle and the WBA player wrapped his legs around Locadia in a really aggressive way, really suprised it was only Locadia who got booked because it was a very unnecessary tackle to stop Locadia getting up. Not sure it was a sending off when you look at the incident in the United game with Lingard and the two players touching heads. Would have been harsh in the extreme imo.

Yes, how I saw it.

Really disappointed the fourth official didn’t draw the refs attention to the incident moments later, when Locadia was man handled off the ball, in front of the dug-out.

Hughton certainly saw it.....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes, how I saw it.

Really disappointed the fourth official didn’t draw the refs attention to the incident moments later, when Locadia was man handled off the ball, in front of the dug-out.

Hughton certainly saw it.....

Yes by RK ..saw it from the other side of the pitch so fail to see why the forth official missed it.

I'm going to go against the flow here and say that AK wasn't as bad as some have said (I'll be shot down in flames)
Andone had a right stinker...mishit shots..passes etc..almost trying too hard...on the other hand Jurgen looked a tad disinterested and way off his recent high standards.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I missed the first 25 minutes. Bissouma must have been sensational in that period because he was mediocre in the 65 minutes I watched. Gave the ball away/lost the ball quite a few times, was out of position quite a few times and has a tendency to foul blatantly when he gets the wrong side of his man.

He is a player with great potential but is very raw at the moment. I can understand why Hughton has been reluctant to start him but he's only going to improve with game time. I imagine once we are safe he'll get a lot more playing time and by this time next year will hopefully be the player that some people think he is already.

As for the rest of the team: at least we kept a clean sheet...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here