Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Player ratings Vs West Brom (H)

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
Let's get this over with...

Overall- 4.5, some ok football, but in general a ponderous, abject show against West Broms B team. Not good enough.

Button- 6, nothing really to do

Bruno- 5, for forward well but didn't put in enough quality crosses

Burn- 8, MOTM, imperious debut. Looks a gem

Duffy-7 dealt with most things well

Montoya-5.5, see Bruno, but better

Stephens-6, does what he usually does, unlucky not to score

Kayal- 6 drove forward well from midfield but was afraid to shoot in th second half

Bissouma-6 classy first half, very average second

Knockaert- 2, absolutely woeful. Could be his last start for a while

Andone-5, chases well, as always, but couldn't do anything with the aimless crosses that were eventually tossed in towards him.

Locadia-4, anonymous save for a few nice touches and a few misplaced passes

Subs:
Propper- 6
Gyokeres-7
Murray-5, should've scored

CH-6, not his fault the players didn't deliver, but Murray should've been brought on earlier.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Button 6- Nothing to do

Bruno 4- Fairly solid defensively but his crossing was poor
Burn 8- Solid considering both centre backs were left exposed
Duffy 7- See above
Montoya 3- Didn't look comfortable at all on the left, so much so barely any of our play seemed to go down that side

Knockaert- 1- Atrocious performance, greedy on the ball, every decision was wrong
Stephens- 5- Ponderous on the ball, no driving forward but had our best attempt of the game
Bissouma- 4- May have started well but gave the ball away on many, many occasions and was slow to get back
Locadia- 3- Largely anonymous and unnecessary yellow card

Andone- 3- Had a stinker

Propper- 6- Looked the classiest midfielder once he came on
Gyokores- 6- Had a bit about him
Murray- N/A

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Button 6

Bruno 6
Duffy 7
Burn 8
Montoya 6

Stephens 6
Bissouma 6
Kayal 6

Knockaert 3
Andone 4
Locadia 3

We should've won pretty comfortably despite them parking the bus. The front three had absolute stinkers.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Button - 6
Bruno - 6
Montoya - 6
Duffy - 7
Burn - 7
Stephens - 6
Kayak - 6
Bissouma - 6
Knockeart - 2
Locadia - 4
Andone - 3

Propper - 6
Gyorkes - 6
Murray - 6

I’d have Knockeart up against the changing room wall tonight. I’ve never seen an individual so intent on ruining team morale and spirit.

Moaned at everyone, continuous poor decision making and looked like he played for himself.

He must have argued with the majority of team mates today. I just wish Duffy would have stuck a nut on the little prick.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Button 6
Bruno 7 -- some delightful vignettes
Duffy 7
Burn 8 MotM -- brilliant debut
Montoya 5
Knockaert 3 -- once Jahanbakhsh and Izquierdo are back, he won't be getting anywhere near the bench
Bissouma 6 -- some delightful stuff in the first half hour, faded thereafter
Stephens 6 -- kept things ticking over, one of the only good efforts of the game, but gave the ball away and slowed things down too much
Kayal 6 -- all energy and effort as ever, but got in the box several times and each time produced diddly squat
Locadia 5 -- a few good bits of play, plenty of poor stuff
Andone 4 -- poor today

Propper 6 -- looked good as ever
Gyokeres 6 -- one good run and effort
Murray n/a -- at least got his effort well struck and on target

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Button 6- Didn't have a lot to do tbf.

Bruno 5- Didn't do too much wrong, but really struggled going foward - none of the classic linkup with Knocky on the right.
Burn 7.5 - Wasn't sure what to expect but whilst not quick, had excellent timing and didn't put a foot wrong.
Duffy 7- Same as Burn, solid and dependable.
Montoya 5 - Did well to get forward, but crossing was poor. Superb tackle in the 2nd half to thwart a near definite goal.

Knockaert - 3 - Utterly, utterly awful. Spent more time trying to beat everyone rather than just get rid, blamed everyone else for his shit passing and should have been hooked earlier. Had a chance to really impress today against weaker opposition but was...well, just really really shit.
Kayal - 5.5- Industrious, but sometimes seemed unsure if he should push forward. Needs to have more confidence in his shooting too.
Stephens - 6- Didn't really see him do much, but that's not always a criticism, as he does the dirty things. Had our best chance too.
Bissouma- 6.5 - Had the drive to push us forward and some lovely touches. Still raw but give him a year or so and he is going to be a beast in midfield. Tired late on but still tried to run and commit himself forward.
Locadia - 5. Wasn't shit to the extent that Knocky was, but nothing worked for him, some of his passing whilst meaning well, was crap and rightly taken off after his tangle with Robson-Kanu

Andone- 5 - pressed a lot but was never going to score today. He'll have better games, and hopefully few worse.

Propper- 6 - looked good but when he burst forward there was nothing on for him.
Gyokores- 6- I like him, still v raw but was positive and tried to make things happen. Hopefully we'll see more of him.
Murray- N/A - apart from his late shot, didn't have much time to make an impact.

Overall, we should have wrapped that up but individual ineptitude and a lack of cohesion stopped that from happening. We looked devoid of ideas when we reached the edge of the box, and why we wouldn't shoot but instead try to find one more pass was infuriating...like an even shitter version of Arsenal. Only real positives were Burn (rightly MOM), Bissouma (before he tired, then he was poor) and Gyokeres' cameo. Perhaps could have done with someone like Gross coming on to offer some creativity, and improve our dead balls which were poor again.

bhafcjack

Nov 3, 2018
Brighton
Button - 6

Bruno - 6
Duffy - 7.5
Burn - 8.5
Montoya - 6

Stephens - 5
Bissouma - 6
Kayal - 5

Knockaret - 3
Locadia - 5

Andone - 5

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I’d have Knockeart up against the changing room wall tonight. I’ve never seen an individual so intent on ruining team morale and spirit.

Moaned at everyone, continuous poor decision making and looked like he played for himself.

He must have argued with the majority of team mates today. I just wish Duffy would have stuck a nut on the little prick.

I got caught up in the love in after the passing away of his Dad ... but right now I'm beginning to believe he's just a 'it's all about me' character. He could be at a crossroads and it's difficult to see how he ends up going the right way

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Button 6 - not tested
Bruno 6 - we needed better from him in the final third but we had no height for him to aim for
Duffy 7 - souls, but quite literally overshadowed by...
Burn 8 - ...MOTM. Superb in the air but also incredibly solid when they ran at him at pace. Very good
Montoya 6 - made a very important tackle late in the second half

Stephens 7 - one dangerous stray pass but excellent at the simple things thereafter. Terrific technique for that shot. Totally underrated by a section of our support.
Bissouma 7 - Absolutely magnificent for the first half an hour. He was everywhere, winning the ball deep, taking shots, linking play. Then he really faded. If he can play like he did in that first half an hour for 90 minutes we have a superstar on our hands
Kayal 6 - some exceptional moments but left his shooting boots at home and lacks the link up guille of Gross

Knockaert 4 - greedy and stroppy. I can’t stand watching Brighton players dive. Failed to do the simple things. Dreadful dead ball delivery. How many good games has he had since we got promoted? Man united at home last year and Bournemouth in the cup. That’s about it. March offers so much more but too many fans blinded by a bit of skill that leads to nothing or a Gallic show of passion
Andone 4 - worked hard, no service. Two dreadful ‘attempts’ when well placed. Unlucky not to score late in first half
Locadia 3 - anonymous

Proper - 6 silky Davy
Gyorkes - 6 great run, poor shot possibly with weaker foot
Murray - has a good chance but made it simple for the keeper

CH - 8 took it seriously, let down by the players

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Button 6

Bruno 6
Duffy 7
Burn 8
Montoya 6

Stephens 6
Bissouma 6
Kayal 6

Knockaert 3
Andone 4
Locadia 3

We should've won pretty comfortably despite them parking the bus. The front three had absolute stinkers.

I didn’t go. The Radio Sussex team post match also thought that Kayal and Bissouma had stinkers “they didn’t keep it simple”.

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Overall - 5. Lacked the killer finishing we needed to despatch a clearly inferior team.

Button- 6 One good save. Kicking was a bit suspect at times.

Bruno - 7 I think he did well. Some lovely touches and he was always looking to go forward.

Burn - 7 Some lovely touches and interceptions. First half I think he looked a bit nervous, but settled in. He seemed more intent on not making any boo-boo's than doing what Dunk can do - tearing up through the middle taking it forwards.

Duffy - 7 Solid performance.

Montoya - 6 Did his best, but fairly innefective.

Stephens - 7 Did what he needed to do, and did it well enough.

Kayal - 5 Spent too much time bitching and moaning at other players. Wanted to run forward, but usually ended up running into a dead end.

Bissouma - 6 Some exciting moments of class and skill, which usually resulted in bugger all.

Knockaert - 4 Decent first half with his trademark jinky little runs, then he was blowing out of his arse from about 60 minutes onwards. Ran out of steam, and ideas.

Andone - 5 Up for it first half, then faded away and became largely irrelevant in the game.

Locadia - 3 First touch was poor and he looked like he lacked the determination needed to grind out a result. He wasn't at the races at all today.

Subs:

Propper - 6 Came in and started to boss things a little bit, then faded.
Gyokeres - 6 Looked strong, but not match sharp.
Murray 5 - Would have brought March on personally, but he tried his best for all of 14-15 minutes.

CH 6 - I'd have probably started with the team he did, so I can't knock him for that. However, I'd have brought all three subs on earlier as you could tell within 15 minutes of the second half it wasn't working - and I'd have brought Solly March on...

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
We were brilliant for half an hour and should have scored. Faded from that point and a very poor second half.

Button 6. Not a lot to do.
Bruno 7. Some great touches and a decent game.
Duffy 7. Very good.
Burn 8. Impressive debut. MOM.
Montoya 6. Didn't look comfortable on the left.
Kayal 5. Was hoping for more from him.
Stephens 7. Decent game. Unlucky not to score.
Bissouma 7. Absolutely brilliant first 30 minutes, but faded badly. Enormous potential.
Knockaert 3. Awful. Did about everything wrong. No idea why he wasn't subbed. We need to get rid.
Locadia 5. Not at his best.
Andone 5. Ditto.

Subs:
Propper 7. Looked very good.
Gyokeres 7. Impressed. Looked good and eager to get the ball.
Murray N/A

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
I thought Bissouma was outstanding first half. Obviously tailed off 2nd, partly due to fitness but I also thought he was getting more and more pissed off that the players around him weren’t on his wavelength.

So many times he went for a clever one two and didn’t get the ball back or made a run in to space and wasn’t found or played a nice pass only for it to be wasted. He was shattered by the time the only player in his class, Propper came on. He’s on a different level to pretty much the rest of the team.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
This

You could argue knockaert cost us the win . . . Running almost at Andone with the ball at times, just no clue what's going on outside his own tiny little brain.

A general lack of appetite to break as well, it's a ****ing cup game ffs! You're supposed to win, a point doesn't happen, you'd have to give CH a5 or a. 6 for that.

We were brilliant for half an hour and should have scored. Faded from that point and a very poor second half.

Button 6. Not a lot to do.
Bruno 7. Some great touches and a decent game.
Duffy 7. Very good.
Burn 8. Impressive debut. MOM.
Montoya 6. Didn't look comfortable on the left.
Kayal 5. Was hoping for more from him.
Stephens 7. Decent game. Unlucky not to score.
Bissouma 7. Absolutely brilliant first 30 minutes, but faded badly. Enormous potential.
Knockaert 3. Awful. Did about everything wrong. No idea why he wasn't subbed. We need to get rid.
Locadia 5. Not at his best.
Andone 5. Ditto.

Subs:
Propper 7. Looked very good.
Gyokeres 7. Impressed. Looked good and eager to get the ball.
Murray N/A

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
6 as satisfactory

Button 6 Only 1 shot of worth to save which he did well with
Bruno 6 Solid defensivley
Duffy 7 Solid but not pushed unduly
Burn 8 MOM put his foot and head in when it mattered.
Montoya 6 Didnt look comfortable on the left but defended well
Knockaert 4 Must accept the game is not all about him
Stephens 6 Uusual reliable performance
Kayal 5 Ran around doing nothing.
Bissouma 6 Some good moments driving forward but alo many mistakes but he will learn
Locadia 6 Got in some good positions but seems 1 move ahead of the rest of the team with his thinking.
AQndone 4 Very poor performance should have hjad 2 goals 1st half. but didnt look as if he would score or do anything of note.

Propper 6 Took over from Stephens and carried on the good work.
Gyokeres 6 Did on but nio cghance to shine
Murray n/a shoul,d have been on 10mins earlier.

Last edited:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
6 - average

Button - 6
Bruno - 6
Montoya - 7
Duffy - 7
Burn - 9
Stephens - 6
Bissouma - 6 great first half, lacklustre second
Kayal - 5 - bit of a headless chicken at times, maybe I’m being harsh....
Knockaert - 4
Locadia - 5
Andone - 4

Propper -7
Gyokores - 7
Murray n/a

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Let's get this over with...

Overall- 4.5, some ok football, but in general a ponderous, abject show against West Broms B team. Not good enough.

Button- 6, nothing really to do

Bruno- 5, for forward well but didn't put in enough quality crosses

Burn- 8, MOTM, imperious debut. Looks a gem

Duffy-7 dealt with most things well

Montoya-5.5, see Bruno, but better

Stephens-6, does what he usually does, unlucky not to score

Kayal- 6 drove forward well from midfield but was afraid to shoot in th second half

Bissouma-6 classy first half, very average second

Knockaert- 2, absolutely woeful. Could be his last start for a while

Andone-5, chases well, as always, but couldn't do anything with the aimless crosses that were eventually tossed in towards him.

Locadia-4, anonymous save for a few nice touches and a few misplaced passes

Subs:
Propper- 6
Gyokeres-7
Murray-5, should've scored

CH-6, not his fault the players didn't deliver, but Murray should've been brought on earlier.

Cannot disagree with that.

Jaxie

Dec 2, 2018
Far East (Sussex)
Button 4 Would be a 5 if he could keep his goal kicks on the pitch. His kicking is as bad as Kuipers was

Bruno 6 Usual effort.
Burn 8 Pleasing debut for what I thought was a surprising signing in the first place.
Duffy 7 Strong.
Montoya 5 Not a left back, but the effort was there.

Knockaert 1 Didn't see him do anything positive today, apart from towards the end where he got to the touchline, but didn't look up and crossed to nobody. His dive around that period of the game in similar position was embarrassing.
Kayal 6 I like Kayal but there were times I forgot he was on the pitch.
Bissouma 7 Thought he was excellent for most of the game
Stephens 7 Took control when needed and unlucky not to score with a great effort.
Locadia 4 I'm a fan of him generally, but did nothing today. Real contrast to Arsenal, Everton games

Andone 6 Plenty of running but wasn't helped much.

Pröpper 7 Classy player
Gyokeres 7 Some good driving runs, and also could have scored
Murray 5

I didn't think we were terrible today. We had a decent team out, just lacked enough imagination to break them down. Have to say West Brom played very well, especially considering that was a team of largely reserve and youth players.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Because lots going on round penalty areas enjoyed the game. All 7 apart from Locardia 2 Brainless Apart from passing ball inside does nothing when receiving ball out wide. Is a stocky chap yet when in one to one made no effort to drive into box. Never tried to lose marker before crossing and usually just hit him. Androne 2 His movement in trying to lose defender was nil. Spent all game just hoping ball would fall for him. Knockhaert 4 Marked up a little because at least he always wanted ball. I am no fan of March and have been calling for Knockhaert but not on this performance.
We didnt win because of very poor performances from our front players. I do wonder where our goals are going to come from

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Thought the Millwall game was much better.Nice to see Jiri enjoying himself.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here