Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Worst Performance Since?

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
The most entertainment for me yesterday was watching the JCLs struggling with the barcodes at the entrance, then wandering around in a haze looking for their seats.
The match, dominated by defences, wasteful / selfish finishing by us.

brianwade

Jan 31, 2008
One of the worst home performances I can remember under Hughton. Fringe players made his job easy as if any of them knock on his door asking why they are not playing he can hand them today’s DVD
I go to all home games .when do we have 24 shots and 7 on target. Good performance and Bissouma MOM. Knockhaert to eager to please and disappointed again. Good game

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I go to all home games .when do we have 24 shots and 7 on target. Good performance and Bissouma MOM. Knockhaert to eager to please and disappointed again. Good game

Think those stats are very misleading we had one chance that looked anything like going in. Our front 3 were ineffectual and lacked cohesion throughout and agree Bissouma was great in the first half but faded as the game went on. We keep the ball well but our intensity was well below Hughtons usual standards which was a shame as every time we pressed them they gave the ball away.

At the end of the day for all the possession we threatened very little and expected more from players who should be giving Hughton a selection headache

Won’t lose any sleep over it as we are generally very consistent but thought we were playing way below our capability yesterday

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Quite a few of us struggled with the barcodes yesterday :moo:

Yes, mine took three or four goes to scan, and a couple that are sth in the row in front of us, missed kick off completely as the ticket office had to reissue their tickets which wouldn't go through. Definitely not jcls.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Looking at the post now, it was a typo, and of course it was meant to be crumb! but I think you know that. Ironic, that the person who lectures others about posting rudeness, can herself find it amusing to post sarcastic comments. So, by your logic of being able to read into others post as to their character, what does that make you?

Sarcasm can be amusing but if you want to think of it as rudeness, that's your choice.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
That midfield and forward line is what a number of people have been clamouring for. It’s interesting that then we play them the performance is so poor. CH now has his justification for reverting back to the tried and trusted against Fulham/Watford

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It wasn't bad at all really.

It's been a year and a half since we've faced sides that try to shut up shop against us. West Brom did to us exactly what we do to most the Premiership sides we play - let us have a lot of the ball, stay tight and organised at the back, and attempt to hit us on the counter-attack. That's our game. I may stand corrected if anyone digs out the stats, but I reckon even in the games against lower premier league sides who we beat, we often let them have more than 50% of possession. We looked totally dominant, but like a side that doesn't know how to break down a resilient opposition. If Stephens' shot had gone in for a wondergoal, or Gyokeres or Murray put away their chances and we won 1-0, everyone would have said it was a decent win. My main frustration was that we caused them so little trouble with set pieces.

I wouldn't want Hughton so spend too much time in training dwelling on this, as it won't really help us week to week in the league.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Sarcasm can be amusing but if you want to think of it as rudeness, that's your choice.

Yes, indeed it can, if it was meant that way, but you didn't mean it like that, did you? And had you read the post properly, you might have realised that I did not think of it as rudeness - just pointing out the hypocrisy of you judging others by what you assume to be rude posts, and yet you are quite happy to make a dig when you knew full well that it was a typo. So, how should you be judged, other than the obvious label of hypocrite, of course?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Chiiiiillllll - poor today but in the hat - no need to moan - life is never perfect. The end.

Is moaning and anylising a poor performance - the same ?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
Did anyone really expect an entertaining goals fest to be honest? Two largely reserve sides (one with 4 academy lads in it) was never going to set the pulses racing. The old boy infront of me fell asleep during the 2nd half.

A disappointing game - Yes

Unexpected - No

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, indeed it can, if it was meant that way, but you didn't mean it like that, did you? And had you read the post properly, you might have realised that I did not think of it as rudeness - just pointing out the hypocrisy of you judging others by what you assume to be rude posts, and yet you are quite happy to make a dig when you knew full well that it was a typo. So, how should you be judged, other than the obvious label of hypocrite, of course?

If you say so. :)

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Did anyone really expect an entertaining goals fest to be honest? Two largely reserve sides (one with 4 academy lads in it) was never going to set the pulses racing. The old boy infront of me fell asleep during the 2nd half.

A disappointing game - Yes

Unexpected - No

Yes, I see the point you are making, and to an extent you are right. If we play squad/reserve/youth players in the cup, then realistically one has to expect fewer thrills and spills, but on the other hand, that Albion team yesterday contained more than enough PL experience to at least score one goal against a reserve team, and so for me it was both unexpectedly dire and disappointing.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
That midfield and forward line is what a number of people have been clamouring for. It’s interesting that then we play them the performance is so poor. CH now has his justification for reverting back to the tried and trusted against Fulham/Watford

The front three were truly awful and scuppered the whole team performance.
Knockaert. No appreciation of players around him. Overplaying continually. Constant moaning, berating teammates, diving, hissy fitting. Giving the ball away cheaply, poor delivery and woeful shooting. Quite simply, the worst performance in a BHA shirt this season, considering the platform he had to perform on.
Locardia. Failed to move the ball quickly enough, lost it regularly, showed nowhere near enough movement and was sluggish in possession.
Andone. Best of the three but that is not saying much. Felt he could have run off the ball better. Spent too much time blaming others. Needed to hunt out the ball more.

Midfield....far less to blame than the ineptness in front of them. Bissouma looked good before fading and Kayal worked hard all game. Stephens didn't do much wrong and Propper looked to get forward late in the game. No, it was definitely the front three that held us back.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
It wasn't bad at all really.

It's been a year and a half since we've faced sides that try to shut up shop against us. West Brom did to us exactly what we do to most the Premiership sides we play - let us have a lot of the ball, stay tight and organised at the back, and attempt to hit us on the counter-attack. That's our game. I may stand corrected if anyone digs out the stats, but I reckon even in the games against lower premier league sides who we beat, we often let them have more than 50% of possession. We looked totally dominant, but like a side that doesn't know how to break down a resilient opposition. If Stephens' shot had gone in for a wondergoal, or Gyokeres or Murray put away their chances and we won 1-0, everyone would have said it was a decent win. My main frustration was that we caused them so little trouble with set pieces.

I wouldn't want Hughton so spend too much time in training dwelling on this, as it won't really help us week to week in the league.

I was thinking this. We're so used to playing on the break now - that this sort of game is not to our strengths.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Knockaert. No appreciation of players around him. Overplaying continually. Constant moaning, berating teammates, diving, hissy fitting. Giving the ball away cheaply, poor delivery and woeful shooting. Quite simply, the worst performance in a BHA shirt this season, considering the platform he had to perform on.
Locardia. Failed to move the ball quickly enough, lost it regularly, showed nowhere near enough movement and was sluggish in possession.
Andone. Best of the three but that is not saying much. Felt he could have run off the ball better. Spent too much time blaming others. Needed to hunt out the ball more.

Midfield....far less to blame than the ineptness in front of them. Bissouma looked good before fading and Kayal worked hard all game. Stephens didn't do much wrong and Propper looked to get forward late in the game. No, it was definitely the front three that held us back.

Yes, fully agree. Other posters have said, quite rightly, that we had so much possession and they created very little due to our midfield and centre backs, but then so we should have done, considering who we were playing, with all respect. But going forward, oh dear - the crowd's frustrations were clearly audible.It just seemed to get worse the longer the match went on.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Yes, I see the point you are making, and to an extent you are right. If we play squad/reserve/youth players in the cup, then realistically one has to expect fewer thrills and spills, but on the other hand, that Albion team yesterday contained more than enough PL experience to at least score one goal against a reserve team, and so for me it was both unexpectedly dire and disappointing.

I think you have summed up my thoughts completely. We had more than enough class in the team to complete a routine win against a Championship reserve team but we failed to do so and created very few clear chances.

eastterracemike

Jan 31, 2008

This entirely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here