Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Worst Performance Since?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
WBA or Huddersfield away last season?

We were playing half our first team against full West Brom reserves including some academy players and could barely pick a forward pass. Think today was worse than both of those for that reason.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
We've played way worse than that several times this season already. Watford away certainly springs to mind. Thought we did ok without an end product.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
One of the worst home performances I can remember under Hughton. Fringe players made his job easy as if any of them knock on his door asking why they are not playing he can hand them today’s DVD

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
We've played way worse than that several times this season already. Watford away certainly springs to mind. Thought we did ok without an end product.

Really? We controlled possession but we were playing against a weakened Championship team. There was plenty of time and space on offer but we didn't have the quality to exploit. Was an absolutely dreadful game imo.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
We were playing half our first team against full West Brom reserves including some academy players and could barely pick a forward pass. Think today was worse than both of those for that reason.

Who wasn't 'half the first team' from the start? Andone has started 2 of the last 6 in place of Murray and he and Propper also came off the bench today. As I have already said, other than Burn and Gyokeres they have all played first team. Or are you trying to say CH plays the same front 11 every game?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Chiiiiillllll - poor today but in the hat - no need to moan - life is never perfect. The end.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Who wasn't 'half the first team' from the start? Andone has started 2 of the last 6 in place of Murray and he and Propper also came off the bench today. As I have already said, other than Burn and Gyokeres they have all played first team. Or are you trying to say CH plays the same front 11 every game?

Sorry- meant first 11, as in 5/6 players starting today have been in our starting 11 for Premier League games.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The lads just wanted a decent curry,and good for us exiles to see a live game.

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I'll say again, they all have except Gyokeres and Burn.

Of course, they all have at some point but you can't really class Bruno, Kayal or Bissouma as regular starters in the prem. Anyway, the point has been made that we were playing a incredibly strong to get the win against West Brom reserves, and we were shocking.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Chiiiiillllll - poor today but in the hat - no need to moan - life is never perfect. The end.

2s3sya.jpg :cool:

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Of course, they all have at some point but you can't really class Bruno, Kayal or Bissouma as regular starters in the prem. Anyway, the point has been made that we were playing a incredibly strong to get the win against West Brom reserves, and we were shocking.

Shocking no, woeful in the final third, without a doubt. Bruno had a regular start this season, as did Kayal for a few games. I don't buy into this first eleven. We have 23 players that can all play in the front 11 at any given time, hence I don't think we ever play a weak side nowadays and using that is not an excuse for poor creativity and finishing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here