Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Albums with no weak tracks ?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Every Picture tells a story as already mentioned is a good call, could also add Never a dull Moment also by Sir Rod Stewart.
Meddle by Pink Floyd and Lou Reed's Transformer, The Who's Quadrophenia. Dire Straits first album and the self titled album by Link Wray.
Good shout with Transformer. Even Goodnight Ladies - which I didn’t care for in the early days and then changed my view on it later - is a fitting show closer.

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I was going to say A Trick of the Tail, but then remembered it has Robbery, Assault and Battery on it. I’m not sure More Fool me sits well on Selling England By the Pound, either (albeit I love the song), so my Genesis nomination has to be Wind And Wuthering.

I was thinking of SellIng England by the Pound but I’m not keen on “The battle of Epping Forest” My Genesis nomination goes to “Duke” Duke’s Travels and Duke’s End with guide vocals part is amazing.

I love pretty much love all Genesis Albums

Face Value - Phil Collins
Urban Hymns - The Verve
American Idiot - Green Day

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I have to say I haven’t agreed with so many people’s choices, particularly Rubber Soul, Pepper, Revolver, and the early Bowie and Faces albums.
My particular favorite would be The Kinks are the Village Green Preservation Society. Davies is just class.

Deleted member 37369

Aug 21, 2018
Selling England by the Pound - Genesis
Sladest - Slade
Dark Side of the Moon - Pink Floyd
All Mod Cons - The Jam
London Calling - The Clash
Power in the Darkness - Tom Robinson Band
Quadrophenia - The Who
New World Record - ELO
Zaragon - John Miles
Stanley Road - Paul Weller
Moseley Shoals - OCS

rudolf hucker

Jul 26, 2009
Hove
No one has mentioned Dancing with Strangers. An early Chris Rea Album. Hard to find one not to like.

All my others have already be quoted.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Went to both Brighton gigs promoting those albums at the Top Rank Suite - Simple Minds (Sept 82) and Big Country (June 83). Immense evenings to match the albums.

I saw Big Country at the Brighton Centre in 86 promoting The Seer album, obviously playing their earlier albums as well. It was actually more enjoyable to me than watching U2 at Twickenham and The Rolling Stones at Wembley.In door concerts seem to be better for sound and atmosphere IMO

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Steve Hackett is touring 'Selling England by the Pound' this year. I'm going to Brighton Dome and Hammersmith Apollo. A chap called Nad Sylvan doing a lot of the Peter Gabriel vocals - and a fantastic job he does too! Great album :thumbsup:

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!

Hackett at the dome? When?

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
Manic Street Preachers - Generation Terrorists
Radiohead - The Bends
Massive Attack - Blue Lines

I think those are the only ones that have stood the test of time and are still great all the way through

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here