Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Bromwich Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php
brand.gif

Brighton v West Brom

FA CUP FOURTH ROUND

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 26th January 2019
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Lee Mason
Assistants: Derek Eaton, Simon Long
Fourth official: Craig Pawson
VAR:Stuart Attwell
AVAR: Peter Kirkup

TEAM NEWS

Brighton manager Chris Hughton is expected to make changes for the arrival of West Brom and hinted he may hand defender Dan Burn his debut.

The Seagulls signed Burn from Wigan Athletic in the summer before loaning him back to the Latics until January 1.

West Brom manager Darren Moore will make late calls on Ahmed Hegazi, Jay Rodriguez and Gareth Barry after they picked up knocks at Bolton on Monday.

Matt Phillips and James Morrison remain out, while Jake Livermore is suspended.

WHAT THE MANAGERS SAY

Chris Hughton: "Supporters still have a lot of expectation surrounding this competition and I completely understand why. This is a big competition for them and they'll see this as a good opportunity to go through at home.

"It's the best cup competition in the world, even though the approach from most clubs is different compared to many years ago. It's the most exciting tournament there is; we want to go as far as we can and we know the big clubs will likely be in the latter stages."

West Bromwich Albion manager Darren Moore: "We've got some strains, some knocks. We'll look at them over the next 48 hours. If one or two don't make it then this is the opportunity for one or two to stake a claim.

"We look forward to the game down there, we're taking a large following of away support again, so credit to you all, it is greatly felt."

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]This is the first ever FA Cup meeting between Brighton and West Bromwich Albion.
    [*=left]Brighton have won their last three home matches against West Brom, all league matches, in 1991, 1993 and 2017.
    [*=left]The Seagulls are unbeaten in their last 10 home FA Cup matches against sides from outside the Premier League (W6 D4) since losing 2-1 to Mansfield Town in January 2008.
    [*=left]West Brom have been eliminated from nine of their last 11 FA Cup ties against Premier League sides, though they did beat Liverpool in the fourth round last season.
    [*=left]Brighton manager Chris Hughton faced West Brom in the FA Cup fourth round in 2009-10 as Newcastle boss, losing 4-2 at The Hawthorns.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Bed ??
11.pm on a Saturday night ?
Would relish k.o.times on the east coast as viewer friendly as that !

Will probably watch the first half, which usually leads to watching the second half and 1am finish if the game is ok.
Last weekend was good to watch, I tend to give away games a miss because of the 11 men in goal strategy, which has me wondering what I stayed up for.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So excited

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
2 of the big 6 already out. We have a decent points cushion against relegation.

The best chance in a long while to 'focus on the cup'.

:albion2:

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Comfortable win for Albion today ... the original and best Albion of course with our second XI out classing WBA's second XI

Good chance of a cup run with prem teams already out and all prem ties still ahead

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Be very happy with a point , see this as a free hit , these are a good team , we will have to play well to beat them , i like their kit , i like their fans because they have a strange hobbit like whimsical charm about them , and have developed a language only WBA fans and Dolphins understand .

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Boro for West Brom next Saturday; a massive game for two play-off rivals. That should hopefully be their focus today. Let’s prove once and for all who the biggest and best Albion is!

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
There's only one team called Albion,
One team called Albion....

phoenix

May 18, 2009
Will be in bed for this one, hope to wake up to the 'Who will we get in the next round' thread.

Don't go to bed Mike just enjoy the game 1st :thumbsup:

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Granddaughter is up for the cup.
Six YO and her first game. Not sure who's more excited, her or me waiting to see her face as she sees inside the ground for the first time.

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
A very special mention to [MENTION=37374]renal seagull[/MENTION] who is attending the game today.
A long time fan of the Albion, making a long awaited visit to the Amex.
Enjoy chap :thumbsup:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Looks like the Boo Boys will be disappointed. This is from the West Brom forum.

Me too, plus the injury updates. I am now going:

Johnstone

Holgate Dawson Bartley Gibbs

Harper Field Hoolahan

Robson - Kanu Gayle Leko

Subs: Whoever the hell we have left.

Hegazi, JRod, Brunt, Barry all with knocks. Phillips, Mozza out. Sako out, Burke out, Livermore suspended, boy are we down to bare bones. We may end up risking one or two with knocks. You can debate whether or not that's wise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here