Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Bromwich Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I was in WSL for a change of scenery today.
I had a mixture of newbies who seemed to enjoy the day if not the performance, and a group of 4 behind me who despite spouting off a ton of ‘facts’, made it totally obvious they knew nothing about football and nothing about Albion.
I was so tempted to respond on so many occasions, but I bottled it as I decided I just can’t be doing wasting my time on these ignorant twats.
Roll on the return of the league games...

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Too many people saying our performance was poor/abject/crap etc. It wasn't really, we bossed the game, in our 2/3rds of the pitch we were far superior and we had the most possession and shots. We just fell down in the top third, which, admittedly is the most important bit, but I'd say we were only poor/abject/crap in one area. The rest we were ok, and it was good experience for Burn and Gyokeres.

i agree they were poor BUT we did not score and that makes it so bad.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Too many people saying our performance was poor/abject/crap etc. It wasn't really, we bossed the game, in our 2/3rds of the pitch we were far superior and we had the most possession and shots. We just fell down in the top third, which, admittedly is the most important bit, but I'd say we were only poor/abject/crap in one area. The rest we were ok, and it was good experience for Burn and Gyokeres.

Yes, the possession was certainly in our favour and yes, we were clearly better that and championship team's reserves, as you would expect. but as you say, once we got near their goal, the problems started. True, you do say that that the final third is the vital area, and here we were quite clueless. Agree about the two you mention -Burn looked good and the young Gyokeres has some nice touches -shame the others didn't as they neared the goal.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Yes, the possession was certainly in our favour and yes, we were clearly better that and championship team's reserves, as you would expect. but as you say, once we got near their goal, the problems started. True, you do say that that the final third is the vital area, and here we were quite clueless. Agree about the two you mention -Burn looked good and the young Gyokeres has some nice touches -shame the others didn't as they neared the goal.

Imagine how Huddersfield or Palace (home form) have felt all season.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
I don’t think I,ve seen Knocky have a worse game than that for us. Dreadful...... two dives and non stop moaning.

Not sure what is going on with him. Seemed to be playing for himself, wanting to take on the opposition on his own and then throwing the toys out when he lost the ball. To be fair though, most of our lot seemed to be going through the motions in the hope that the ball was going to roll into the net on its own. We looked shite, unmotivated and a bit arrogant. CH should be livid. Maybe that was why Knocky looked so pissed off for most of the game. :shrug:

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
I’m rather hoping that the replay is on the Tuesday, as I have to go to Birmingham that day for work, anyway.

West Brom already selling tickets for the replay.

The Baggies and Seagulls played out a goalless draw in the initial tie and will now face off again at The Hawthorns on Tuesday, February 5 (ko 8pm).*
Tickets are on general sale, with season ticket holder seats reserved until 5pm on Friday, February 1.
Seats are priced adults £15, seniors, U23s and students £10 and U18s just £5.
Tickets can be purchased online now and in person from the East Stand ticket office or over the phone (0121 227 2227) from Monday, January 28.
*Fixture date may change, subject to TV selections.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Played as if there were some entitlement at times, just had to turn up, should have had a hatfull of goals if we could only finish.
Was annoyed with Knocky at first, but as time went on could see his frustration in feeling like he was the only one trying, though he should look up more.
Burn was great and should play league games, Gyokeres making a good case for himself, others looked a bit rusty.
WBA put up an adequate away performance considering their depleted squad, who could be at full strength for the replay.
Game wasn’t too bad, though it did highlight our crap finishing, do they practice shooting at goal during training ? seems not.
Shame about the goal post save, as I think that would have decided it.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Wingers and full backs have not been able to go past on the outside for about five games now. Attack a bit blunt, thought to do with the standard of the opposition until now. Also by playing two inverted wingers.

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
West Brom already selling tickets for the replay.

The Baggies and Seagulls played out a goalless draw in the initial tie and will now face off again at The Hawthorns on Tuesday, February 5 (ko 8pm).*
Tickets are on general sale, with season ticket holder seats reserved until 5pm on Friday, February 1.
Seats are priced adults £15, seniors, U23s and students £10 and U18s just £5.
Tickets can be purchased online now and in person from the East Stand ticket office or over the phone (0121 227 2227) from Monday, January 28.
*Fixture date may change, subject to TV selections.

Apart from TV they need to avoid Wolves also being at home.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Right...and before someone says you should have said something...people did!

That was a thoroughly unpleasant experience. The NS was full of twats who had never seen us play, overly shouting shooooooot when ever a ball went to one of our players near the area...shouting out casual racist comments and in one case out and out racists "...knockhaert you French **** you can **** off back to France...." Oi Basie or whatever, you black ****...". And yes people did speak to this group and were offered " outside then you ****

And then a group of 4 twats who obviously had never been before, were pissed, spent their time taking selfies of themselves and shouting out innane comments aimed at the foreign players we have.

Thank god next week we will be back to the usual people who support all the players.

Shame we didn't lose as there is a chance we may win away and draw someone at home and they will all be back!

Report this to Paul Barber. I hope you were able to identify where these racist people were sitting. We don’t want them anywhere near our club.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Report this to Paul Barber. I hope you were able to identify where these racist people were sitting. We don’t want them anywhere near our club.

To be fair everyone in that area knew what was going on and as I said there was a few words spoken ...stewards were more visible in th second half, so it must have got back to the powers at be. It was just so odd to hear some of the things that people were saying and some of the abuse aimed at the team, and in was a lot of the team not just the ones I picked up above, was just ridiculous

I think a lot of us are used to slow build up football and in the first half knocky was away down the wing a few times and Bruno chose not to play it to him but play it inside to the defence. But that is the way we play, and frustration from those who are not used to this was palpable.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not like it and in a perfect world it wouldnt happen but I am wise enough to understand it is not a perfect world and we are at a football match where tensions rise and things are said which shouldnt be but it appears that the stewards were made aware of it. As far as I am concerned that should be the end of it unless it happens again and again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here