Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Brighton & Hove Albion vs West Bromwich Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Relieved that I never went. Even positive Cantor felt we never really up for it, and that Knockaert/Locadia/Kayal/Bissouma played poorly by trying too hard, overcomplicating. A performance they said was epitomised by Andone’s air shot.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Burn impressed me far more defensively than Balogun has done so far. Think when AJ is back Knockaert will be lucky to make the bench, severely lacking in decision making and composure but can you coach that ?

At this stage of his career? Sadly, probably not.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not great but in the hat and we can have another game to watch :)

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Burn impressed me far more defensively than Balogun has done so far. Think when AJ is back Knockaert will be lucky to make the bench, severely lacking in decision making and composure but can you coach that ?

Rusty. Easily good enough for the prem but needs a run in the side. Looked class again this season when he did have one...

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I doubt it

As it stands, it is the only game which the BBC would consider showing as a replay. If either of tomorrow’s two games ends as a draw then those will be televised by BBC instead. I’m 95% certain that the game will be shown on BBC1 on Weds 6th Feb, 8pm kick-off.

Edit: That is assuming BBC have first pick on the replays, if BT have first pick they will choose us.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Right...and before someone says you should have said something...people did!

That was a thoroughly unpleasant experience. The NS was full of twats who had never seen us play, overly shouting shooooooot when ever a ball went to one of our players near the area...shouting out casual racist comments and in one case out and out racists "...knockhaert you French **** you can **** off back to France...." Oi Basie or whatever, you black ****...". And yes people did speak to this group and were offered " outside then you ****

And then a group of 4 twats who obviously had never been before, were pissed, spent their time taking selfies of themselves and shouting out innane comments aimed at the foreign players we have.

Thank god next week we will be back to the usual people who support all the players.

Shame we didn't lose as there is a chance we may win away and draw someone at home and they will all be back!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
As it stands, it is the only game which the BBC would consider showing as a replay. If either of tomorrow’s two games ends as a draw then those will be televised by BBC instead. I’m 95% certain that the game will be shown on BBC1 on Weds 6th Feb, 8pm kick-off.

Edit: That is assuming BBC have first pick on the replays, if BT have first pick they will choose us.

I’m rather hoping that the replay is on the Tuesday, as I have to go to Birmingham that day for work, anyway.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby

judging by the way they waxed lyrical about it I suspect given the chance they will pick Wolves v Shrewsbury

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
judging by the way they waxed lyrical about it I suspect given the chance they will pick Wolves v Shrewsbury

I think they will smell an upset at the Newport v Boro game

Hope so,Newport need the money and I think they can pull it off

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

That was a thoroughly unpleasant experience. The NS was full of twats who had never seen us play, overly shouting shooooooot when ever a ball went to one of our players near the area...shouting out casual racist comments and in one case out and out racists "...knockhaert you French **** you can **** off back to France...." Oi Basie or whatever, you black ****...". And yes people did speak to this group and were offered " outside then you ****

And then a group of 4 twats who obviously had never been before, were pissed, spent their time taking selfies of themselves and shouting out innane comments aimed at the foreign players we have.

Thank god next week we will be back to the usual people who support all the players.

Shame we didn't lose as there is a chance we may win away and draw someone at home and they will all be back!

Concurring with that, fans interviewed on Radio Sussex post match, said they’d been surroundered by people fuming with individual Albion players during the game.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

Why is it you who meets all these people ???

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Same WSL. Awful atmosphere

Sorry to say this again, but the idea to open the ground bit by bit was, in my view, largely responsible for this - and the abject performance of course. It meant that thousands were sitting next to strangers, as opposed to the normal crew and folk tend then to become more self conscious. I rarely criticise the club, but this time their way of going about things left much to be desired.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Too many people saying our performance was poor/abject/crap etc. It wasn't really, we bossed the game, in our 2/3rds of the pitch we were far superior and we had the most possession and shots. We just fell down in the top third, which, admittedly is the most important bit, but I'd say we were only poor/abject/crap in one area. The rest we were ok, and it was good experience for Burn and Gyokeres.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Why is it you who meets all these people ???

I don't know big T it looks like weststander heard the same in the radio. Remember when we used to go away in the 70's 80's ad we had a element who followed us who were not there for the football, but just wanted a ruck in our name?

Well they were out in force today.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here