Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] DFS and The Goldstone Retail Park

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
The furniture shop which none of us use, a far cry from Bellotti selling them the Albion season ticket mailing in list in 1996 they now have prime time television ads featuring Lego characters, which clearly won't be cheap, so business must clearly be good.

I say which none of us use, but 20 years or so on, am I now in the minority?

I never have or never will shop at the Goldstone Retail Park, even at the 10th anniversary in 2007 I wouldn't cross the boundary and BBC Sussex had to use outside broadcast equipment for me to take part in the drive time show, from just outside the Shell Garage.

My old mate Richard Lindfield said back then I was a dinosaur and I should move on, so how many actually have on NSC?

Does anyone who originally said in 1997 they would never go back to the Goldstone Retail Park, now changed their view?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm a bit of a shit fan, I didn't boycott the place.

I did boycott Focus, but that's about all.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
I swore I'd never go in the place and never have, never will. I also signed the "Ban the Bun" petition meaning I pledged never to step foot in a Forfars bakers. They have now gone, but I never went in to any of their shops, even when they rebranded themselves as "Fresh".

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I'd never go to DFS wherever it was. Designer's Guild in Kings Road, Chelsea or Marylebone High Street for me.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
No, I vowed I wouldn't even drive past the place let alone go into any of the shops. The missus wanted to go to one of shops down there but I said No, so we went up to Croydon Way instead!

Brovion

NSC Patreon
Jul 6, 2003
Been going there for years.

I'd be interested to see what the age of the boycotters is. I'd doubt many of our younger fans give a toss*, for them it's a bit like people droning on about the Blitz or Rationing.

*Although I'm sure some hardline boycotters will have passed the obsession on.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patreon
Jul 10, 2003
I never went into the shops there until after the Amex was built.

Think I may have bought bird food a couple of times in the Pet shop bit since. Certainly walked around it.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
I moved to Cumbria to ensure there was no chance of passing the place! Although some years back when visiting my Mum she couldn't understand why I went out of my way, on a longer route to town.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Don't care anymore. We've never had it so good. Don't go there but that's because I'm never over that way, not for any other reason. Hold a grudge against the people that sold the land, not the people that bought it.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I haven’t, but then I have no reason to go there. Given where we are these days, in a shiny new stadium, with comfy seats, and playing in the Premier League....I have moved on.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I think I was once dragged into the DFS store and found myself trying to imagine where the penalty spot, centre spot etc would have been. Quite an unpleasant experience for lots of reasons and I've never repeated it.

It doesn't exactly amount to a boycott, as I tend not to go to those retail parks anyway, and don't live near the Goldstone one.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Around 2005 I went to DFS for a new sofa and a couple of marble lamp tables. Got treated to champagne (it was just before Christmas) and ordered on an interest free basis and first payment delayed for approx 12 months.

Somehow I never made a payment.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here