Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Maty Ryan versus UAE

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
If they lost tonight I'd expect him to most likely be back in the UK by tomorrow evening. So Fulham would be doable. They won't lose though, UAE are shite in this Div 1 international cup.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
If he got knocked out tonight (won't happen) then he'd definitely be available for Fulham on Tuesday. If Duffy had played for Ireland on a Wednesday evening he would be back in time for a PL game on the Sunday. It's the same time difference.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Why not? He has done what he needed to do for his country, now it's back to his day job that pays his wages.

Presumably the Aussie coaching staff will do a recovery day session the day after a match with physios and stretching sessions etc etc like most top flight clubs would? So could probably head home 36 hours after the match?

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Given the very, very dodgy yellow card that put Tom Rogic (Australia's most creative player) out of the quarter final v the hosts...it will be interesting to see what crazy antics the officials get up to tonight to advantage UAE.

Maty Ryan will almost certainly have a difficult night and I'll be amazed if he doesn't face at least one penalty. Fortunately, he knows a thing or two about facing penalties and I reckon he'll need all that experience tonight.

Half an hour in and already a few very odd decisions being given.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Sorry if I have missed it - where can you see this match?

Capture.JPG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here