Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] On this day 24 years ago

Foul Play Rocks

Feb 23, 2013
I’ve seen that clip loads but today was the first time I thought to myself how awful Schmeichel’s kit was. Why did I never notice that before?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
It never saw the confusion with the trawler metaphor either.

I always wondered whether the press and football had more confusion over what a metaphor was rather than what Cantona said. :shrug:

Fungus

NSC Patreon
May 21, 2004
Truro
I don't get the significance of the 24th anniversary. Couldn't you have waited a year, or are you terminally ill?

Okay, you want a round number?

On this day, 50 years ago, I went to the Goldstone for the first time. We beat Crewe 3-1, with goals from Dave Armstrong, Kit Napier and Alex Dawson. An eternal love was born. :love:
:goal:

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
I don't get the significance of the 24th anniversary.

That's because there is none. It's just something mildly interesting to post. I'll obviously have to try harder to please you in future.

Okay, you want a round number?

On this day, 50 years ago, I went to the Goldstone for the first time. We beat Crewe 3-1, with goals from Dave Armstrong, Kit Napier and Alex Dawson. An eternal love was born.

Now that is worth a thread of its own! Better get a move on though...

My first match was a fortnight earlier, a 1-1 draw v. Stockport. I only let the anniversary pass because I did a 40 year one.

Last edited:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here