Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The Brighton Verdict As West Brom Visit

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
One comment from their forum
''Seen a few pre-match comments from Brighton fans, didn’t realise that for a club that has literally no honours of significance to their name, they’re rather above their station! ''

Also another post re JR ...''as he was found not guilty'' Wrong!

The past has absolutely ZERO bearing on the current. Our reserves are better than west broms first 11, there’s no doubt about that. They won’t be at full strength though as have a play off battle v boro next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
One comment from their forum
''Seen a few pre-match comments from Brighton fans, didn’t realise that for a club that has literally no honours of significance to their name, they’re rather above their station! ''

Also another post re JR ...''as he was found not guilty'' Wrong!

No doubt that one reckons they should be beating *TeamsLikeBrighton* ?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He was found “not guilty” but only because there was no independent evidence. He was certainly not found “innocent”, nor was he “cleared”.

The actual verdict was "Not Proven".

One of the most nauseating aspects of the whole affair was Rodriguez gobbing off to all and sundry after this verdict about how happy he was that "his name had been cleared", when it most certainly was not. Only the hard of thinking took this verdict as meaning he was innocent.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
As they’re challenging for promotion in the Championship that wouldn’t surprise me. The rewards for going up are far greater than a good cup run.
Gabby Logan will be apoplectic.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
There's a reason we stayed up last season and they didn't, of course we have to be confident.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Is this really a serious paper like the Argus (no laughter please). I mean they've quote fans off our forum?! Including me. Good grief.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Lazy lazy journalism, take a few quotes off twitter when the draw was made and add in CHs comments from the clubs website and a story.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Is this really a serious paper like the Argus (no laughter please). I mean they've quote fans off our forum?! Including me. Good grief.
Without mentioning the source. Noddy at best and I am intrigued if there is any kind of copyright-like issues with public forums. I am sure the material is fair game if a source is given but passing off opinions as if you collected them yourself seems a bit dodgy. Highly unlikely to be illegal but poor show nonetheless.

The Kid Frankie

Sep 5, 2012
I fully expect it to be Hardingesque

Hopefully far worse. As much as Harding fell to pieces I would rather get abuse for leaving a club than being labelled a racist. Reckon we could push him over the edge if we try hard enough. The beauty of it is we can't really be taken to task for it as we have the moral high ground. No one is going to get chucked out or banned for chanting 'racist.' It's win win for us :O:hilton:

SAC

May 21, 2014
The actual verdict was "Not Proven".

One of the most nauseating aspects of the whole affair was Rodriguez gobbing off to all and sundry after this verdict about how happy he was that "his name had been cleared", when it most certainly was not. Only the hard of thinking took this verdict as meaning he was innocent.

Blame the FA, presumably they were the ones to decide to have two verdicts "proven" and "not proven". Jose Mourinho was also found no proven of swearing last year and claimed it cleared him.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Without mentioning the source. Noddy at best and I am intrigued if there is any kind of copyright-like issues with public forums. I am sure the material is fair game if a source is given but passing off opinions as if you collected them yourself seems a bit dodgy. Highly unlikely to be illegal but poor show nonetheless.

I don't think it is illegal, as the internet is 'fair game', but I remember the Daily Mail quoting Nsc opinions about a pound shop in Haywards Heath.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here