Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Travel] Anybody flown WOW Airline to USA?

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003
SF to Gatwick and back a couple of years ago. I'm quite an ascetic bloke who was traveling alone, and was not pushed for time, but I found the 6 hr layover in Iceland (which became 7 because of delay) quite grueling. 3 hr layover on the way east was fine however! It's very bare bones: bring your own entertainment and picnic. And the seats aren't very comfy if memory serves. You also have to figure that they charge even for one piece of checked luggage. Would I do it again? I would probably pick Norweigan for that route if I could afford it.They are similarly budget, but at least it's direct.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
I would probably pick Norweigan for that route if I could afford it.They are similarly budget, but at least it's direct.
There are rumours that Norwegian have financial issues. Hopefully nothing serious as they are easily the best budget airline between the UK and USA

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patreon
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
SF to Gatwick and back a couple of years ago. I'm quite an ascetic bloke who was traveling alone, and was not pushed for time, but I found the 6 hr layover in Iceland (which became 7 because of delay) quite grueling. 3 hr layover on the way east was fine however! It's very bare bones: bring your own entertainment and picnic. And the seats aren't very comfy if memory serves. You also have to figure that they charge even for one piece of checked luggage. Would I do it again? I would probably pick Norweigan for that route if I could afford it.They are similarly budget, but at least it's direct.

Oh my days you’d have to pay me for the above experience!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Flown Norwegian to Chicago from Gatwick - excellent service in my view

Albion my Albion

NSC Patreon
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
There are rumours that Norwegian have financial issues. Hopefully nothing serious as they are easily the best budget airline between the UK and USA

Regarding IAG's announced plans to sell NAS stock: “Norwegian’s plans and strategy remain unchanged. The company’s goal is to continue building a sustainable business to the benefit of its customers, employees and shareholders,” said Chairman of the Norwegian Board, Bjørn Kise.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Worth paying a few bob extra just to fly with Norwegian on their 787 Dreamliners. Used the service last year Seattle - Gatwick and paid extra for premium class - that was no more expensive than BA's cattle class.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Norwegian are the most complained about airline > https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/nov/03/why-does-norwegian-airlines-get-so-many-complaints

The routes they have from Gatwick (instead of the schlep to Heathrow) combined with some eye-catching fares, on occasion, are clearly a draw and if your flight goes off OK then you're likely to be happy. If there are problems though, it looks as though you stand a fair chance of being shafted. Pays your money, takes your choice...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Regarding IAG's announced plans to sell NAS stock: “Norwegian’s plans and strategy remain unchanged. The company’s goal is to continue building a sustainable business to the benefit of its customers, employees and shareholders,” said Chairman of the Norwegian Board, Bjørn Kise.

Sustainable ? They've over-committed on planes which they are selling off the leases for and currently making huge losses (£100M's) None of this sounds sustainable

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here