Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Conor McGregor

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Anyone else hearing reports about him doing something in Dublin? News not breaking yet - but if it's true his career is over..

Obviously I'm not saying what, but I'm just wondering if anyone else is hearing anything?

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
Oh - I couldn't find anything on the news when I posted that! Just had a text from a friend who is a twitter-whore, so I assumed it wasn't public knowledge! Shows how much notice I take of the news ???

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Pretty sure Columbo could now piece together this thread.

Let's :wave: it goodbye.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
There's always lots of news about all things happening in Ireland available on the internet. Here's a random news story from Ireland a few days ago I found as an example - https://www.independent.ie/irish-ne...-sexual-assault-at-dublin-hotel-37724422.html

This story was also covered on RTE, which also had another fascinating story about consumers using more than than the annual water allowance in Ireland will now be facing fines if they don't fix the leaks.
- Google 'RTE LEAK' - it's a very interesting read if you haven't already seen.

Last edited:

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Anyone else hearing reports about him doing something in Dublin? News not breaking yet - but if it's true his career is over..

Obviously I'm not saying what, but I'm just wondering if anyone else is hearing anything?

You're on the wrong forum to be asking that question. The forum you want is https://forums.sherdog.com where everyone seems to be very much "in the know" about what you're asking.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
A certain agitator, for privacy sake, lets call her 'Lisa S'...No that's too obvious...uuh. Let's say 'L. Simpson'.

marlowe

Dec 13, 2015
Go there, and into 'The Wasteland' sub-section.

Holy shit.

That was my reaction when I read it (the rumour thread it should be stressed). All very dark and sinister. The news thread quoted the following which I found interesting as it appears that under Irish law the identities of people accused of such crimes can only be released upon conviction. I have censored the nature of the crime in the quote as his name has already been revealed in this thread so I'm endeavouring to remain legally compliant...

"On Thursday 17th Jan an Irish sports star was arrested and questioned in regards to xxxxxxxxxxxxx which took place in Dublin on December 10th. He was released without charge, however a file is being prepared by the DPP.
(In Irish legal parlance, 'released without charge, a file is being prepared by the DPP' essentially means the person will be charged soon.)

The identity of the sports star has not been released. Under Irish law it will not be released unless he is convicted. It is widely rumoured to be a notoriously famous athlete. He previously spoke to the Irish police voluntarily, the arrest is a new development."

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
If true just nail in the coffin of MMA and it's flagship organisation the UFC. The downfall being investing too much publicity in McGregor and Rousey who were both found to be fallible. One has jumped ship to make the easy money that is the pantomime of WWE whilst the other just swans around causing trouble and was owned in last match. Paying fighters poor money and not allowing them their own sponsors has also not helped. Too many events with fighters you've never heard of and events called off at short notice and failed drug tests.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If true just nail in the coffin of MMA and it's flagship organisation the UFC. The downfall being investing too much publicity in McGregor and Rousey who were both found to be fallible. One has jumped ship to make the easy money that is the pantomime of WWE whilst the other just swans around causing trouble and was owned in last match. Paying fighters poor money and not allowing them their own sponsors has also not helped. Too many events with fighters you've never heard of and events called off at short notice and failed drug tests.
I've watched tons of UFC, but don't currently have a subscription so I was unaware of the issues with fighters not being satisfied with their cut, and events being called off. But for it to be a nail in the coffin, who is in a position to challenge the dominance of the UFC?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here