Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Technology] Printer help!!!

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Suddenly, everytime I switch on my laptop and then want to print a document it says "printer is offline".

As I run it as three users, i.e. Personal, Business and Club I run it is just a pain in the a that if I am in the last two users I have to change back to my Personal use, which is also the administrator, and go into settings, devices etc and run printer troubleshoot.

This always boots the printer into action again. Then have to log out of Personal and back into other user.

Any idea why on log in the printer is offline and what the fix is?

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Does the printer maybe go into some sort of sleep mode?
What does the troubleshooter say fixed it?

Jul 7, 2003
Is it a wireless printer? If so, you might have a device clash so worth checking the IP address allocated to your printer and then other devices on your network.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Thanks for info, will check.
Has only just started doing it, fairly new printer as well. Both HP laptop and printer.
They are wireless connected.
After running troubleshooter the result is "no problem identified" and then starts printing docs in queue.

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Thanks for info, will check.
Has only just started doing it, fairly new printer as well. Both HP laptop and printer.
They are wireless connected.
After running troubleshooter the result is "no problem identified" and then starts printing docs in queue.

Does sound like it might have a sleep mode. Google the printer model and sleep mode, or if you are using an app to use the printer check that. final alternative is to go the printer IP address in your browser and check settings from there

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
You say that in your Business and Club profiles, it will not automatically print. For both of those users / profiles, is your current (new-ish)printer set as the default? Or is your previous printer setup as the default printer for them?

phoenix

May 18, 2009
can't you uninstall it then reinstall it again?

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
I also have this issue. What works for me is to "wake up" the printer by going into the wireless direct option on the HP printer and turning it off and on. Then I tap my Ruby slippers together 3 times and say "there is nothing like a printer that works, there is nothing like a printer that works, there is nothing like a printer that works......." until it starts printing a pic of Auntie Em.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here