Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Solskjaer

Langley

Mar 10, 2008
Waltham Chase, Hants
Smug git basking in the success of 6 straight wins. Apart from Spurs who battered them, they have not yet been tried. Cardiff, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Brighton are 5 of these wins, not one against the other 5 top clubs. I am longing for one of them to wipe that smarmy look off of his face.
Their keeper save them from a roasting against Spurs.
The Media think he is the new messiah, let us see how his season turns out.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Smug git basking in the success of 6 straight wins. Apart from Spurs who battered them, they have not yet been tried.

I've not quite understood that argument, under Mourinho it's hard to see that they would have got much from the games they had, regardless of the opposition. You can only play who is infront of you, he didn't pick the fixtures.

I've no issue with him, seems a fairly grounded bloke and has a good backroom team with him in Phelan and Carrick. Anyone is better than Mourinho.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Seems like a nice lad, one of their own.....

Wouldn't want to conflate him with the club itself, who stole an FA cup final off us by cheating #neverforget

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
To be fair, 6 wins in a row is good in this division for any club, despite the opposition.

Bournemouth and us might not be top 6 but neither of us are pushovers.

I don't mind Solskjaer. Seems like a nice enough bloke and doing a good job, which he'll probably undeservedly lose at the end of the season.

He's only 'on loan' as a manager until the end of the season, so he won't technically lose the job as he goes back to Molde as arranged. Of course, he could be appointed at that point.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Smug git basking in the success of 6 straight wins. Apart from Spurs who battered them, they have not yet been tried. Cardiff, Huddersfield, Bournemouth, Newcastle, Brighton are 5 of these wins, not one against the other 5 top clubs. I am longing for one of them to wipe that smarmy look off of his face.
Their keeper save them from a roasting against Spurs.
The Media think he is the new messiah, let us see how his season turns out.

7 straight wins don't forget the mighty Reading in the FA Cup

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
To be fair, 6 wins in a row is good in this division for any club, despite the opposition.

Bournemouth and us might not be top 6 but neither of us are pushovers.

I don't mind Solskjaer. Seems like a nice enough bloke and doing a good job, which he'll probably undeservedly lose at the end of the season.

Agreed, I don't have a problem with Solskjaer either, and as you rightly say, six straight wins against any opposition in the division takes an awful lot of doing.

Let him have his moment in the sun, he will probably be replaced by someone with more top flight managerial experience in the summer anyway.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
Lost a little respect for him before the Albion game when he was sorta suggesting Utd should hammer Brighton (and teams like them) by 4 or 5 goals easily

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Lost a little respect for him before the Albion game when he was sorta suggesting Utd should hammer Brighton (and teams like them) by 4 or 5 goals easily

To be fair, didn't he say "dominate"? Which, to be fair, they really should have done.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
New manager syndrome. Came in and got on a roll against mediocre teams and got luck against spurs (and us!). Not uncommon for a team to react positively to a new manager but he could do very well this season and struggle next although that shouldn't be the case with the players at his disposal.

Cozzy

Jul 26, 2018
Grimsby
To be fair, didn't he say "dominate"? Which, to be fair, they really should have done.

whatever the exact words I think the meaning was clear .... and I disagree they dont have any right to assume they can "dominate" anyone , thats the attitude that makes them smug and deserve a hammering themselves ... (OK probably on paper & by financial clout they should but how many times has a 'BIG' club come unstuck against an also ran like Leicester , Burnley & Bournemouth)

Coach_Carter_92

Apr 25, 2013
Home
Media seem to have forgotten his poor stint at Cardiff, although that was a hiding to nothing. Will be interesting to see how they do against the other 'big' teams in the league

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

Indeed, with the class at their disposal they should be dominating most sides at Old Trafford. In fact l thought he paid us a compliment ost match, when he described us as a very difficult side to beat.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
At least he can go out on the lash in Manchester without a dullard poster cryptically criticising him on social media.

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I'd rather he do well than any of the other preening tossers managing the big 6. At least he doesn't seem to be so far up his own jacksie he's peering out of his own mouth.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here