Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace (A) Tickets

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Can see us getting a hiding, but going anyway..

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
I made my "never again" promise after the freezing 3-0 defeat in 2012. Broke that last year, but from now on, never again!
Having been there a few times and seen some wins, some defeats I promised never to go again after the infamous 5-0. Being kettled all the way to the wrong station and witnessing one of our perfectly respectable fans being batoned to the ground by the Met's finest for politely asking if he could leave the group to walk to his car told me that this fixture is just not worth the hassle any more. Why fork out £30 to go to that hovel of a ground and to be treated as if you're a criminal just because you want to watch a game of football?

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Having been there a few times and seen some wins, some defeats I promised never to go again after the infamous 5-0. Being kettled all the way to the wrong station and witnessing one of our perfectly respectable fans being batoned to the ground by the Met's finest for politely asking if he could leave the group to walk to his car told me that this fixture is just not worth the hassle any more. Why fork out £30 to go to that hovel of a ground and to be treated as if you're a criminal just because you want to watch a game of football?

Was that the young kid covered in blood from being whacked over the head ?

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Was that the young kid covered in blood from being whacked over the head ?
No, it was a guy late 40's or early 50's. Didn't see a lot of blood but the copper concerned made sure he was knocked to the floor. Someone else told the copper to stop and got a whack round the head for their trouble before a sergeant intervened. Although it was quite a few years ago it's always stuck with me as being nothing other than an unprovoked assault by a copper (who I had no way of identifying) on a normal member of the public who's 'crime' was to go to a game. I did hear about other incidents from people on the train though so I don't think what I witnessed was isolated by any means

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control

Tempting fate here but it wasn't intimidatingly horrible last year. Probably because Palace knew they were gonna win by the time they'd had 15 minutes to experience Albion's collective attitude and approach to marking. The wait to get in and out was a pain, and I resented giving Palace loads of money for beers while we were held in the ground, but at least they had the bars open, and having the West Stand stewards to chat with was a welcome novelty.

Having to stand in the pub in silence and mutually pretend we hadn't recognised Taxman was also quite funny and a reasonable compromise for cheap beers, in hindsight.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here