Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Jack Shepherd

The Andy Naylor Fan Club

Aug 31, 2012
Right Here, Right Now
Regardless of what he says happened, he's a spineless, cowardly **** who had his opportunity to clear his name in the original trial. He is a killer ( His guilt and conviction in his absence has been proven). If he had even the slightest hint of an innocent man then he would have stayed and stood trial to clear his name and not flee abroad. He deserves to stay in prison and the appeals process should not be rushed as he needs a good amount of time to think about the consequences of his actions.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
Hands himself in.

I suppose that everyone has the right of appeal, but the fact that he did it whilst on the run, and then is represented by a lawyer, just leaves a very bitter taste and I can see why the family of the poor girl is so incensed. I would be in their position. seems a thoroughly unpleasant creep.

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
So he's returned with his alibi saying that the boat was defective, but the defects occurred when the boat was removed from the water.

In addition to that, he is saying that the girl was behind the wheel at the time of the crash.

He's also won the right to appeal, so could be cleared of manslaughter.

It was never denied that steering had been handed over to the girl. That wasn’t the point.

Anyway, Shepherd the selfish coward is finally to face the courts

Superseagull

Jul 8, 2003
I thought I read somewhere that despite being on the run he has managed to get legal aid to fight his retrial? How can this be allowed?

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
He only ‘handed himself in’ because he’d been spotted by journalists who’d then alerted the police, so they were about to nick him anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
It has to be explained to me how he is guilty of manslaughter - two people on a boat, she's driving, just a tragic accident? What's the catch here?

As the boat owner and 'captain', it's his responsibility to provide and maintain safety equipment, and also brief anyone who boards in safety procedures.

From what I can remember of the court case…
The 'kill chain', that automatically disables an engine the moment the driver is not in control, was missing.
The life jackets were stowed out of reach (and should have been worn anyway, never mind being accessible).

Matters such as those would, I imagine, constitute grounds for a manslaughter case.

There were also questions over his actions and comments once the accident happened.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Interesting perhaps if he now claims that due to all the press coverage since an appeal and a retrial etc would be unfair. Also he claims that her father was threatening him as he is a senior civil servant and not many victims parents get tea and biscuits with the Home Secretary which could bear that out or perhaps the fact that he was charged with GBH for glassing somebody in a bar whilst awaiting trial could mean he is a nasty thug.

Who knows ?

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Can't we just let him rot in Georgia? Let him experience one of their jails for the same length of time he was on the run. Don't hurry the extradition with this one.

With you here. Can't imagine Georgian prisons are pleasant places. Doubt he'll be getting a tv and a Xbox!

Weststander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
It has to be explained to me how he is guilty of manslaughter - two people on a boat, she's driving, just a tragic accident? What's the catch here?

Perhaps the responsibility of Shepherd who initiated the ride, was the skipper, at speeds several times the limit, inadequate safety bits, etc?

We’ll soon find out at the Appeal.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR
Whilst there 'could' be a case for appealing the manslaughter charge as he wasn't actually at the wheel, he was irresponsible in taking an unsafe craft on the river whilst being in a drunken state, with no regard to safety. He comes across as an arrogant smarmy entitled ****. When he eventually gets shipped back, I hope the judge adds a longer stretch for doing a runner and his apparent lack of remorse.

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton

OK I let you fly a plane that is not air worthy and you are not qualified to know any better, you die and instead of facing the music I run away to another country...That explain it for you?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Interesting perhaps if he now claims that due to all the press coverage since an appeal and a retrial etc would be unfair. Also he claims that her father was threatening him as he is a senior civil servant and not many victims parents get tea and biscuits with the Home Secretary which could bear that out or perhaps the fact that he was charged with GBH for glassing somebody in a bar whilst awaiting trial could mean he is a nasty thug.

Who knows ?

Crikey Enrest, that was eminently sensible . . . for you. :)

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007

Who knows ?

Is this thread, and this post in particular, immune from the normal NSC warnings of commenting when there are legal proceedings in the offing?

SAC

May 21, 2014
OK I let you fly a plane that is not air worthy and you are not qualified to know any better, you die and instead of facing the music I run away to another country...That explain it for you?

It does, but in a very patronising way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here