Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[TV] National Television Awards

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Anyone else watch this last night? A highly emotional and uplifting night, and shows British TV is in a fantastic state. Not a dry eye in the house when Ant and Dec picked up their award.

Winners in full
Factual Entertainment Programme - Paul O'Grady: For the Love of Dogs
Quiz Show -The Chase
New Drama - Bodyguard
Serial Drama Performance - Danny Dyer, EastEnders
Drama Performance - Richard Madden, Bodyguard
Newcomer - James Moore, Emmerdale
TV Presenter - Ant and Dec
Daytime Programme - This Morning
Bruce Forsyth Entertainment Award - I'm a Celebrity… Get Me Out of Here!
TV Judge - David Walliams
Drama - Peaky Blinders
Comedy - Mrs Browns Boys Christmas Special
Talent Show - Strictly Come Dancing
Special Recognition Award - David Dimbleby
Serial Drama - Emmerdale
Sexiest Soap Star: Sharon Mitchell

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
David Dimbleby must have been so proud to have received his award at the same event as all those other legends of the small screen.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Just seen the comedy award winner which immediately means the whole show must have been one of those spoof black comedies given Mrs Browns Boys should not even be eligible for that category as its not A comedy given the total lack of any humour

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Shame killing eve didn't come away with anything. The bodyguard was quite brilliant though.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Summed up, in one list, the reasons not to bother with British TV any more.

With the exception of, maybe, The Bodyguard (didn't see but heard good things) and Mr Dimbleby, that represents the dregs of the televisual gene pool IMHO.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
It was great of Crodo to post the info though.

Generally speaking the good quality stuff is getting better and the dross is getting worse. And this stuff is definitely the latter. The Bodyguard was only included because daytime viewers fancied Richard Madden.

When I think about some of the excellent documentaries I’ve seen this year, especially on BBC4, it’s just an insult that the makers of the crap on this list are actually recognised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonnyrovers

mostly tinpot
Aug 13, 2013
Shoreham-by-Sea
I'm forever gobsmacked that people settle for having all of that crap in their lives, but to celebrate it as a thing worth recognition?? My clagnuts are more deserving of praise.

Last edited:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
It was great of Crodo to post the info though.

Generally speaking the good quality stuff is getting better and the dross is getting worse. And this stuff is definitely the latter. The Bodyguard was only included because daytime viewers fancied Richard Madden.

When I think about some of the excellent documentaries I’ve seen this year, especially on BBC4, it’s just an insult that the makers of the crap on this list are actually recognised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You're more than welcome.

These awards are voted for by the great British public so are considered as very important.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
What a farce.
Ant and Dec!
Enjoyed the Bodyguard, but the little fellow who played the bodyguard has been rather overhyped in my opinion.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
You're more than welcome.

These awards are voted for by the great British public so are considered as very important.

I think you will find they are voted for by the Great British public not the great British public. That capital letter couldn't be more important! There is nothing at all great about the people who believe Mrs Brown Boys is a comedy!

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I can't wait to see what state Holly and Phil are in on This Morning. I bet there will be some really hilarious snaps of the after party and that Holly will still be in last night's dress! They deserve to let their hair down though so fair play to them. I also wonder how many empty bottles of champagne will be strategically strewn around the This Morning studio.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here