Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Rome

samtheseagull

Sep 15, 2010
Going to Rome at the weekend for a few nights so thought maybe the people of NSC could give some advice of what to see, places to go, what not to miss etc. Big foodie so any recommendations would be appreciated also. Also got tickets for the Lazio vs Juventus match on the Sunday so again any advice would be great.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
So much to see it's ridiculous.
I loved Rome, obviously go and look at the Roman bits but I also liked The Vatican/Sistine chapel.
Watch out for beggers and pick pockets when queuing up.
Roof top restaurants are good for views we went to one by Trevi fountain but a bit chilly at this time of year.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
There was a thread on Rome not long ago, last couple of weeks tops. Might be worth a search

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Go up Palantine Hill and look across towards the Coloseum. The Forum is 40 metres below you one side and the Palaces dating back to the time of Augustas on the other. Doesn’t cost a penny either. Having been to every major city in Italy and seen the art work I have to admit to being slightly underwhelmed with the Sistine chapel. You can tell that that stroppy sculpture Michaelangelo didn’t really want to do it. No effort at all.
St Peters is a must though. It took a thousand years to build and every contract given out within it was taken on by the same family upon the supervisors death by law.
And the inside of the Coloseum IS worth it.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Oh and one other thing. Take a selfie stick because you won’t find anyone selling them over there.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Take the time to do the BIG things properly, Coloseum, Catacombs and the Vatican/ Sistine Chapel, best do an organised tour as you will learn so much more. Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps and the one with the ‘ole in the roof are insignificant in comparison. Pickpockets do exist and avoid tourist trap cafes too, utter rip offs. But a wonderful city overall.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
seconded, ahoy smiff me old mucker :salute::bigwave:

Alright Foxy!

Last time there in the RN with Invincible, one of our lads had his back pocket cut off while he nodded off at Rome station waiting for the train back to Civitavecchia. Had his wallet away of course. They love a blade in Rome.

Been there lots since with the cruise ships & the amount that get robbed during their day trip is unbelievable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here