Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Talk Sport

Mama said knock you out. LlcoolJ's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yep, that just about sums it up. I just mentally block out the adverts, same as I do on the tele.

That's a disgrace - cricket should be on the BBC, or at least not on a station you can only get on a digital radio or on line. Really pi$$es me off that I can't listen to cricket in the car.
    Don't most cars have DAB these days? Haven't had one without for about 10 years. Or just get it through your phone? Or buy a little cheap DAB for buttons to keep in the car?
    "I never mentioned horses!"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Kinky Gerbils View Post
      Quinn is the worst thing on the station

How is someone that tortured horses allowed on national radio to discuss horses?
      Well a convicted drunk driver had been voted top tv personality so ........
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hiney View Post
      TalkSport is also the only place you can get ball by ball commentary on the cricket
      Can you not get it via the BBC Sports app anymore? They used to have all the County matches on.
      'I’m big and I’m loud and I never let anybody know what I'm feeling. Sometimes it’s so difficult…I..I really like you, Halo' 'I like you too, Toy. You’re my best friend' 'Sure. Best friends. That’s what I meant.'
      'So put a church key in your pocket, we'll hop that freight train in the hall'

1 Not allowed!
      I was bitterly dissappointed recently to find out Tradepoint have dropped their iconic 'Vindaloo' radio jingles.

Winner with a capital W
      1989 Rear of the Year (West Dorset Area, 1998 Runner Up Can't Cook/Won't Cook, 2013 NSC Rugby League Sweepstake Champion, 2014 NSC World Snooker Championship Runner-Up, 2017 Six Nations Prediction Winner, 2017 NSC Rugby League World Champion, 2017 Lyme Regis News Poster of the Year, 2019 NSC World Darts Sweepstake Champion

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by brakespear View Post
      Can you not get it via the BBC Sports app anymore? They used to have all the County matches on.
      TS have the rights to England away series.
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Gritt23 View Post
      Try podcasts. Pick your topic, huge range out there, and you won't find that wretched topic sneeking into the likes of the Telegraph Football Daily, or Flintoff, Savage and the Ping Pong Guy. The Infinite Monkey Cage is very good as well.

Honestly, there is so much more out there than just TalkSh1te as an alternative to endless brexitbollocks.
      Aye ..I listen to podcasts when I am out almost every day.. The Daily is my current favourite ..but like to pop the radio on when I am doing the washing up or cooking etc ...background noise more than anything..they do that quite well

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      TS have the rights to England away series.
      ah OK thanks.
      'I’m big and I’m loud and I never let anybody know what I'm feeling. Sometimes it’s so difficult…I..I really like you, Halo' 'I like you too, Toy. You’re my best friend' 'Sure. Best friends. That’s what I meant.'
      'So put a church key in your pocket, we'll hop that freight train in the hall'

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by brakespear View Post
      ah OK thanks.
      Didn't realise/had forgotten til @Hiney mentioned it. I'll be tuning in shortly, wishing it was TMS.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hiney View Post
      I also like TalkSport.

That doesn't mean I like all the presenters.

Brazil is an ignorant **** who has very little knowledge of football in general and none about football outside the top 6. Much like most people down the pub and some on here. Some of his co-presenters are good. Dean Saunders talks a lot of sense.

Jim White loves the sound of his own voice too much but again, some of his co-presenters are OK. Simon Jordan is good value

Hawksbee and Jacobs are superb and their show is the stand-out. Perfect interplay between Hawksbee the professional journalist and Jacobs the hysterical fan who loves to have a moan about his team.

Durham is good. I always thought he was a professional wind-up merchant who deliberately sets up to have a row. I have spoken to a few paople who owrk as producers on his show and they say he isn't like that at all. Believes passionately in what he says. Good entertainment and Darren Gough has grown into his role as Durham's stooge.

Danny Kelly is excellent and has a number of very good co-presenters.

Andy Goldstein is good and as long as Jason Cundy isn't co-presenting, it's a good show. Darren Lewis is a good stand-in

At the weekend, Georgie Bingham is decent and Tony Cascarino ok as her co-host.

Mike Parry is a massive ****

Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning are very, very good and their show on Sundays is superb.

They also have, in Sam Matterface, one of the best commentators around.

I'd rather listen to people talking about football, even though some of them are bellends, than not.

And Micky Quinn is a complete prick
      I'd go along with most of this. Don't mind Brazil though. Also not a huge fan of Saunders or Seaman. The worst was Ginola though but thankfully he doesn't seem to be on any more. McCoist is hit and miss. I do like Parlour and bizarrely (because I know sod all about his sport) Dallaglio.

Never liked Durham but I'm actually starting to listen to him more often on the way home.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by LlcoolJ View Post
      Don't most cars have DAB these days? Haven't had one without for about 10 years. Or just get it through your phone? Or buy a little cheap DAB for buttons to keep in the car?
      Never had one. Not in current nearly five year old car - never had one in hire car/vans either. Phone doesn't do t'internet.