Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Your team loses 2-1 away from home and you go on the lash like you’ve won. Thoughts?

hopkins

Banned
Nov 6, 2003
Brighton
Not saying any of our players did this ! But I’m of the mentally that if you lose you don’t go in to town and get leathered until 4am.
Lose- Stay in that night
Draw- drink down the local or a quiet restaurant
Win- Go on the piss

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Not saying any of our players did this ! But I’m of the mentally that if you lose you don’t go in to town and get leathered until 4am.
Lose- Stay in that night
Win- Go on the piss

You are being very precise about a " may have happened" incident.........so spill the beans! :smokin:

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
Lose- Stay in that night
Win- Go on the piss

You seem very much like you are saying our players did this..! or else why say it at all?

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Good on them, they’re humans not robots.

Team bonding piss up on Saturday night, Few sore heads Sunday morning, back to work feeling fresh on Monday. As long as it’s not having a negative impact on results then they could be in Spoons from 9am all the way through to Volks at 7am the next day for all I care :shrug:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Good on them, they’re humans not robots.

Team bonding piss up on Saturday night, Few sore heads Sunday morning, back to work feeling fresh on Monday. As long as it’s not having a negative impact on results then they could be in Spoons from 9am all the way through to Volks at 7am the next day for all I care :shrug:

Left early did they? Kicking out time was 12 in my day.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Obviously we don't know if this happened (unless somebody knows something that we don't).

However, we do have to accept that (with a few freak one-offs) to be a footballer in the Premier League, you need to lead the life of an elite athlete. This includes a diet that has to be religiously followed. If a player or two were going to go out for a drink, surely after the Man United game would have been the perfect time, as the majority of players will have ten days before their next game (assuming several will be rested for the cup this weekend).

I get what the OP is saying, but I doubt that players have many opportunities to enjoy a drink between the start of pre-season and the end of the season.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
If I have a crap day at the office I often sink a bottle. We don't own them.

Given the criteria, Huddersfield players don't have much fun.

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Obviously we don't know if this happened (unless somebody knows something that we don't).

However, we do have to accept that (with a few freak one-offs) to be a footballer in the Premier League, you need to lead the life of an elite athlete. This includes a diet that has to be religiously followed. If a player or two were going to go out for a drink, surely after the Man United game would have been the perfect time, as the majority of players will have ten days before their next game (assuming several will be rested for the cup this weekend).

I get what the OP is saying, but I doubt that players have many opportunities to enjoy a drink between the start of pre-season and the end of the season.

Call me an old fuddy duddy but I think the players should refrain from excess alcohol consumption throughout the season.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Call me an old fuddy duddy but I think the players should refrain from excess alcohol consumption throughout the season.

I don't disagree, I thought I would try and put a slightly different slant on things.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
There was a similar thread end of last year when players were spotted in a northern town having a bit of a christmas do. after a match. Next match was 10 days or so away, prob only tome for drinks before christmas and some on here thought they should be sacked, and how disgraceful it was that they could go for a few drinks, but not turn up to a seagulls kids partythe next day that it had been explicitly publicised that they wouldn't be at. Why some people think that the players and staff should be denied a life is beyond me.

pishhead

Jul 9, 2003
Everywhere
If the club's dieticians and sports scientists don't think it will inhibit their performance then nobody should have an issue with it.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
There was a similar thread end of last year when players were spotted in a northern town having a bit of a christmas do. after a match. Next match was 10 days or so away, prob only tome for drinks before christmas and some on here thought they should be sacked, and how disgraceful it was that they could go for a few drinks, but not turn up to a seagulls kids partythe next day that it had been explicitly publicised that they wouldn't be at. Why some people think that the players and staff should be denied a life is beyond me.

that was after the utd away game too wasn't it?
Maybe the op is just a season late with his revelation???

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Its unclear from the post whether the OP is asking whether PLAYERS or FANS should be allowed to enjoy a drink if they've lost.

Given the poster's history as a perma-negative spiteful troll, I guess he's making a snide accusation against our players without having the gonads to actually say what he thinks he knows.

Best ignored.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
My cricket team always goes on the lash, win or lose. Some people are being very precious about other people's lives
And my rugby team, and we’ve lost more than we’ve won this season....but we’ve ended up leathered after most games to be fair.........in fact my favourite piss up was after a 50 -0 defeat !

D

Deleted member 2719

Its unclear from the post whether the OP is asking whether PLAYERS or FANS should be allowed to enjoy a drink if they've lost.

Given the poster's history as a perma-negative spiteful troll, I guess he's making a snide accusation against our players without having the gonads to actually say what he thinks he knows.

Best ignored.

I don't ignore anyone (even you) but thanks for the advice.:p

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
If YOU have a bad day at work (which the team didn’t, by the way), does that ban you from going to the pub and having a few drinks.

Jesus wept.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here