Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Punditwatch

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
Apologies if fixtures...

Chris Sutton, in my view, an unwelcome, new regular part of R5L's pundit team.

Crass, loud, unfunny, I switch over.

On tonight's programme (the God-like) Ian Wright sounded genuinely pi55ed off with one of his stupid remarks.

So, in this vein, which footie pundits would you rather not hear from?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good call re Sutton.

Other than the usual suspects, I’ll throw in Le Tissier.

I have Soccer Saturday recorded and invariably he does our games, rarely gives any credit and when we’re losing has a smug grin on his face.....

Hates the fact we are fast becoming the premier club in the South with Bournemouth.

Just a fat has-been with a big nose.....

(Great player though).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Apologies if fixtures...

Chris Sutton, in my view, an unwelcome, new regular part of R5L's pundit team.

Crass, loud, unfunny, I switch over.

On tonight's programme (the God-like) Ian Wright sounded genuinely pi55ed off with one of his stupid remarks.

So, in this vein, which footie pundits would you rather not hear from?

Agree. Tendency to be a bully.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
I switched on the TV yesterday to watch the Huddersfield/Man City game and the first words I heard were: "we now join our commentary team of Peter Drury and Andy Townsend." :facepalm: My two least favourite commentators. Townsend adding absolutely no value and stating the obvious. Drury with his ridiculous levels of hyperbole, trying to make out every match is the greatest match there has ever been.

My favourite Townsend insight was after Danilo's opener took a huge deflection off Schindler's head before ending up in the back of the net: "It's actually a poor touch from Schindler" :lolol:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ian Wright can be unrealistically positive. Everton are having a shocking season despite a £400m squad, with key signings made last summer. Wright wouldn’t accept that. The informed Everton forum grandoldteam is pretty much as one scathing of Silva and most signings.

B7C96565-1896-4343-89C5-C45A1D7466A2.png

Last edited:

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
Ian Wright can be unrealistically positive. Everton are having a shocking season despite a £400m squad, with key signings made last summer. Wright wouldn’t accept that. The informed Everton forum grandoldteam is pretty much as one scathing of Silva and most signings.

No no, Westlander, I must correct you... Sutton made a pitifully stupid crack based on Genoa [cake], desperate on so many levels*.

I can't quote verbatim but IW said words to the effect of 'what are you even doing? This is meant to be a serious programme FFS', and he wasn't at all cheery with it!

*One being only Sutton and a handful of Great Aunts even know that Genoa cake is a thing. [I hasten to add I had to google it!]

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
No no, Westlander, I must correct you... Sutton made a pitifully stupid crack based on Genoa [cake], desperate on so many levels*.

I can't quote verbatim but IW said words to the effect of 'what are you even doing? This is meant to be a serious programme FFS', and he wasn't at all cheery with it!

*One being only Sutton and a handful of Great Aunts even know that Genoa cake is a thing. [I hasten to add I had to google it!]

I heard the tumbleweed moment. So bad, it was repeated, but still went down like a lead balloon.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Sutton has followed the Robbie Savage model when he first started. The bigger the bell end you are, the more callers you get and controversy you create. It's as subtle as a lorry through your front door but such is any debate in 2019.

Souness on sky is comedy. He hates Pogba and United and is like something off of Viz when he gets started. His double standards and ego are off the scale.

I've really gone off Alex Scott. Over exposed and not much to say. A female Jamie Redknapp.

Danny Murphy is my most underrated albeit I understand his voice isn't for everyone. I always find him worth listening to.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Love the punditry of G.Neville, Carragher, Gerrard and Lampard on BT (shame they went into management), Souness, Keown, Rio Ferdinand, Bilic, Wright and for pure anger Roy Keane. Each tell the truth, not lickers. Plenty of atrocious fouls within that lot, but that shouldn’t preclude them from having a punditry career.

In contrast, inane boot licking and stating the obvious from - Jenas, Murphy, Lee Dixon, Shearer, Bright (great that he was head hunted for his new hapless career), Owen, McManaman, Hoddle, Merson, Keith Andrews, Kilbane and Le Saux.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Pundits are normally boring, sarcastic, egotistical or biased towards a club they once played for.
So occasionally one comes along that make you laugh, so my vote goes to Dean Saunders.

exKT17

Nov 27, 2016
Argyll & Bute
If we're getting to nominate our favourites may I put in a word for Pat Nevin - seems to me he's smart, knowledgable, considered and unegotistical

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Sutton has followed the Robbie Savage model when he first started. The bigger the bell end you are, the more callers you get and controversy you create. It's as subtle as a lorry through your front door but such is any debate in 2019.

Souness on sky is comedy. He hates Pogba and United and is like something off of Viz when he gets started. His double standards and ego are off the scale.

I've really gone off Alex Scott. Over exposed and not much to say. A female Jamie Redknapp.

Danny Murphy is my most underrated albeit I understand his voice isn't for everyone. I always find him worth listening to.

I like Murphy and Jenas especially on Motd.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
David Pleat should stick to kerb crawling,allegedly.

Not allegedly. Two convictions.

I quite like him, aside from his ability to pronounce the name of any 'wog'.

'Shimbombo' is one of my favourites.

The ****.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here