Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Thanks to Diogo Jota on Saturday Albion now hold a new top flight record

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The longest time for any current Premier League club since a player scored a hat-trick in the top division in today's Times apparently.

hattricks.JPG

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/sport/my-1977-hat-trick-has-finally-been-matched-07jjctnxb

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Weirdly, if you discount the years when we weren't in the top league, Man Utd's time is longer than ours. Surprising that it has been over five seasons since any of their strikers has scored a hat-trick, especially given Lukaku's reputation as a flat track bully.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
I saw Huddersfield win 3-0 somewhere in London (Fulham?) in the first division back in the seventies. I thought big Frank got all the goals but I could be wrong about that. Maybe they and Cardiff have never had a top division hat-trick?
Seems unlikely that Huddersfield haven't ever done it given their (according to their fans) glorious football history which makes them one of the league's biggest clubs.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Andone will be the one to sort this out. Next season.

mac04

Nov 15, 2011
RH12
Apparently Hudderfield's last hat trick in the top flight was in 1954/55 by Jimmy Glazzard vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005
Apparently Hudderfield's last hat trick in the top flight was in 1954/55 by Jimmy Glazzard vs. Wolverhampton Wanderers

Oh well. We will have to wait until next season to claim that record then, depending on who comes up.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Andone will be the one to sort this out. Next season.

Or Murray this season if we can bag a couple of penalties in a home match against a struggler.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Shame we can't count Pascal's goals against the Mancs as a hat-trick.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I saw Huddersfield win 3-0 somewhere in London (Fulham?) in the first division back in the seventies. I thought big Frank got all the goals but I could be wrong about that. Maybe they and Cardiff have never had a top division hat-trick?

No, they never had a hat-trick in those two seasons according to Rothmans. They won 3-0 at Palace in their first season, one of only two wins in London (the other was 1-0 at West Ham), but had three different scorers. The season they went down they didn't win a game after November 27th.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
No, they never had a hat-trick in those two seasons according to Rothmans. They won 3-0 at Palace in their first season, one of only two wins in London (the other was 1-0 at West Ham), but had three different scorers. The season they went down they didn't win a game after November 27th.

Thanks - Rothmans is a better guide than my memory. Of course it was at Palace. They played well that day. My Huddersfield-supporting mate was well chuffed, though it didn't last long. Did Frank score at all?

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Saw our first hat trick in the top flight....Peter Ward....away at Wolves, just before Christmas 1979. Icy pitch and he literally ran rings round Emlyn Hughes and George Berry, both of whom had great difficulty standing up.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Digressing....am I right that there has only been one hat trick at the Amex ( Leo ? )

Glenn Murray scored a hat-trick against Norwich City in October 2016 and Tomer Hemed did so against Fulham in April 2016.

Chuba Akpom scored a hat-trick for the Arsenal U-21s there in December 2014 and Kelland Watts scored a hat-trick for the Newcastle United U-18s in the FA Youth Cup in a 5-0 hammering of the Seagulls in December 2017.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here