Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Team v WBA

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Whenever I see a "what team thread" my brain kicks in with my default side which is
Grummit
Tiler
Wilson
Machin
Rollings
Burnett
Towner
Binney
Mellor
Piper
Sully (cannot seem to ever refer him as O'Sullivan??????)

Anyone else think this way or am I the only bonkers one?

My first ever Albion match in Jan 76 was a 6-0 win over Colchester with this team.

3BDF4317-8C9E-4723-B67C-F3DD975827A3.png

I still remember it pretty well. Hooked for life.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
My first ever Albion match in Jan 76 was a 6-0 win over Colchester with this team.

View attachment 104094

I still remember it pretty well. Hooked for life.
Remember it well, in the south stand behind the goal as was my usual place of preference, there were some Colchester fans there also, nice young lads they were, felt quite sorry for them that day, wasn't it the game before or after when we won by a similar high score?

Weststander

NSC Patreon
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Remember it well, in the south stand behind the goal as was my usual place of preference, there were some Colchester fans there also, nice young lads they were, felt quite sorry for them that day, wasn't it the game before or after when we won by a similar high score?

An older brother took me to the North Stand. All very tame, the Goldstone half full. Naively as a nipper, I thought big wins were the norm, but that score helped get me hooked.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
The 3 Bens are all out on loans (Notts County, Peterborough, ??). Bojan was on loan at Espanyol B. Think that has just ended though. If a youngster plays at all it will be Gyokores.

Hall WAS on loan at Notts County, but after being an unused sub for the opening league match of the season he picked up a groin injury that kept him out. He then picked up an ankle injury in November that, according to the County website, is likely to see him miss the rest of the season. Barclay effectively replaced him at County as Hall was recalled simultaneously.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Number 3, brilliant. Number 9, didn't stay long. :rolleyes::lolol:

My enduring memory of that era is Grummit tearing off his line to reach an under hit back pass from the brilliant Harry Wilson, then thumping the ground shouting " harder Harry harder". I also always liked Ken Tiler on the right, so composed, a flair player for us in that era.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here