Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Speroni needs its own thread

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
You are going to get hammered by all of the palace fans, on here, when they see this thread.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is that Salah's goal, or is it already across the line when he gets to it (i.e. a speroni own goal)?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Is that Saleh's goal, or is it already across the line when he gets to it (i.e. a speroni own goal)?

Having watched it at least 30 times it was already in. Hang on may need to watch again after I've wiped my tears away.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
From The Independent:

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson yesterday paid tribute to the “professionalism with a capital P” of third choice goalkeeper Julian Speroni as he prepared to make him the Premier League’s oldest active player by selecting him to face Premier League leaders Liverpool at Anfield today. “To have a goalkeeper of his quality and experience as the third goalkeeper is pretty fortunate,” Hodgson said, before going outside to shout at pigeons.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
From The Independent:

Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson yesterday paid tribute to the “professionalism with a capital P” of third choice goalkeeper Julian Speroni as he prepared to make him the Premier League’s oldest active player by selecting him to face Premier League leaders Liverpool at Anfield today. “To have a goalkeeper of his quality and experience as the third goalkeeper is pretty fortunate,” Hodgson said, before going outside to shout at pigeons.

Saw the interview about the above earlier, also Hodgson saying they are in quite a unique position of having three quality keepers with nearly every other club having a youngster as their third. Hmmmm... he merely needed to look down the road whilst making his statement.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Regardless of the performance, it is quite something for a 39-year old to keep goal in a PL game at Anfield.

I'm sure Wayne Hennessey would be the first to salute that.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A thread about a palace keeper? ???

Whatever next?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Marvellous scenes